Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Aug 9, 2010, 07:16 AM   #1
darksnake
macrumors newbie

Best Piano sound program - mac

hi there guys, im looking for the best piano sound software. So i want to create realistic piano sound.
wich one is the best to create these sounds hooked up with a USB keyboard to my macbook pro?
darksnake is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2010, 09:49 AM   #2
jackerin
macrumors 6502a

Ivory, maybe.
jackerin is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2010, 10:25 AM   #3
Mal
macrumors 603

Try GarageBand. It's not necessarily the best you can get, but I've found it's pretty darn good. You've already got it too, so you can try it, find out if you like it, then move on if it doesn't sound good enough.

jW
NoiseTrade.com/Walker
Mal is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2010, 02:20 PM   #4
darksnake
macrumors newbie

thanks for your replay.

Ivory looks great! gonna try that one soon. I used garage band, but there are only 2 piano options, normal/ on stage. So i search for a better one.
darksnake is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2010, 04:11 AM   #5
bmcgonag
macrumors 65816

Send a message via Skype™ to bmcgonag
Quote:
Originally Posted by darksnake View Post
thanks for your replay.

Ivory looks great! gonna try that one soon. I used garage band, but there are only 2 piano options, normal/ on stage. So i search for a better one.
If you look up free garage band piano sounds in google, you should be able to locate some great sounding pianos to add to garage band.

Adding a sound isn't a trivial task, but it is possible with a little effort and a decent tutorial. After the first couple of times I had it down to about 5 minutes to add a new sound.

I have found some amazing piano samples out there. Some are free, some you have to pay for, so definitely experiment with adding the free ones, and then think about buying one you really like.
bmcgonag is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store