Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPad Apps

Old Aug 9, 2010, 08:50 AM   #1
nixiemaiden
macrumors 6502a

HomeBudget

Does anyone use HomeBudget? I purchased this about a week and a half ago and have been using it and it works really well...I just have a few questions.

Is there a way for me to transfer money from checking account to savings account without creating a bill for it? My bank automatically rolls over some money for every transaction I make with my check card into a savings account and it is getting REALLY annoying creating a bill for each time this happens. I know I have heard of a few banks doing this same thing so it can't be just me.

Is there a way to break down a bill into multiple payments? If I have say a $500 payment due on 9/1 and I pay $200 now, it is showing the entire bill as paid even though it isn't...I'm also not getting an option to make more of a payment. Just wondering if there is a way around that other than creating multiple bills which is what I have been doing. I know it is probably weird but some of my bills I pay using more than one account and if there is an easier way to handle this then that would be awesome.

Is there a better app that could handle these two things and everything else that homebudget can handle?

Thanks!
nixiemaiden is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2010, 02:42 AM   #2
TraceyS/FL
macrumors 68040

I thought of this post when I read that pocket moneys latest version supports "keep the change"!

Not that my CU does it, but it is cool that the app can
TraceyS/FL is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2010, 02:43 PM   #3
Dillenger
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via Skype™ to Dillenger
You might give MoneyDance a try. The Mac version is pretty inexpensive and the iPhone app is free.
Dillenger is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2010, 03:00 PM   #4
bomsom
macrumors member

+1 to Moneydance.
Very powerful desktop version and simple easy to use iOS version.
Wireless sync too.
bomsom is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPad Apps