Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > General Mac Discussion

Old Nov 26, 2004, 02:52 PM   #1
Macmaniac
macrumors 68040

Location: A tiny spec in the "Garden State", 1 square mile in area, somewhere on the outskirts of town by the railroad tracks
Strange Dock Noises

Ok here is what's happening. I got the Monster Cable thing for my 4Gen iPod. When I plug it in via the docks line out the sound is distorted coming out of my speaker system. However if I plug the cable into my iPod's headphone jack then the sound is fine. I have my dock connected to a power source if that makes any difference. Help?
Old Nov 26, 2004, 08:39 PM   #2
Will Curran
macrumors regular

Send a message via AIM to Will Curran Send a message via MSN to Will Curran
Check the dock output and maybe get canned air and air it out or clean it with a swab... *shrug*
Will Curran is offline   0
Old Nov 28, 2004, 11:05 AM   #3
Macmaniac
macrumors 68040

Location: A tiny spec in the "Garden State", 1 square mile in area, somewhere on the outskirts of town by the railroad tracks
What is strange is that when I plug in headphones to the line out on the dock the sound is fine, however I cannot adjust the volume coming out of the line out via the iPod....
Old Nov 28, 2004, 11:08 AM   #4
asif786
macrumors 65816

Send a message via AIM to asif786 Send a message via MSN to asif786
Have you treid using the Monster iCable without the power source plugged into the dock?

It seems to me that the power is causing some interference, and the fact that those cables are gold plated (i think?) probably is making it more of an issue.. (if the metal part of the icable is actually touching the dock the signal will travel through to your speakers)

/asif

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > General Mac Discussion