Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

magic123

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 9, 2010
I'd prefer to buy it there, but I don't want to have to wait months on it. How long does it normally take for new apple products to hit Walmart's shelves?

Peterson8765

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2010
Oregon
It all depends on when the iPod touch 4G comes out, there is a new rumor that it is going to come out mid August but it will moat likely come out September 8th. Anyway wait About 1-2 weeks for Walmart to get them in stock, and walmart is pretty good about getting iPods faster than most retail stores.

liamkp

macrumors 68020
May 29, 2010
It all depends on when the iPod touch 4G comes out, there is a new rumor that it is going to come out mid August but it will moat likely come out September 8th. Anyway wait About 1-2 weeks for Walmart to get them in stock, and walmart is pretty good about getting iPods faster than most retail stores.
Arent they released in Walmart same day as the keynote?

feeth

macrumors 6502
Jul 20, 2010
Any updates or other thoughts as to when Walmart might get the new ipod touch in? I have a gift card to use.

TIA!

feeth

macrumors 6502
Jul 20, 2010
Called 4 walmarts today, a few in Atlanta. No new ipod touch yet and no word on when they will arrive.

Drucifer

macrumors regular
Apr 28, 2008
I'm guessing my local Wal-Mart will have them very soon. They actually cleared all current stock with the exception of 1 or 2 64GB 3rd Gens so I'm guessing they are just waiting for their inventory of 4th Gens to come to restock.

SlamJam12

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2010
Cheaper?

Does Wal-Mart sell their iPods a little cheaper than what they are at the Apple Store? Like Costco, in another thread, sells for approximately 275.00 with tax adding up to 300.00 for the 32 GB. Does Wal-Mart do the same thing?

mofunk

macrumors 68020
Aug 26, 2009
Americas
I like buying mine from the Apple Store vs Walmart cause it doesn't smell there. Plus everything is registered once I leave the store. My receipt is nicely placed in a folder in my mail inbox. so convenient :cool:

Just go to the Apple store... why wait?

avilla86

macrumors newbie
Aug 25, 2010
I work at Walmart. We received the shuffles two days ago, but still no nanos or touches. When walmart.com was still offering preorders expected arrival date was the 14th so I'm expecting them any day now.

I'm really interested to see how much they discount the 3rd gens when the new ones arrive. We still have tons of 8gb models left.

Actually just checked walmart.com and the 32Gb is now showing "In limited stores"

My store is not even on the list yet:(

feeth

macrumors 6502
Jul 20, 2010
I work at Walmart. We received the shuffles two days ago, but still no nanos or touches. When walmart.com was still offering preorders expected arrival date was the 14th so I'm expecting them any day now.

I'm really interested to see how much they discount the 3rd gens when the new ones arrive. We still have tons of 8gb models left.

Actually just checked walmart.com and the 32Gb is now showing "In limited stores"

My store is not even on the list yet:(

No stores around Atlanta at all have it yet, I know Walmart has a large distribution center over in Carrollton. Nothing at the local walmart there either.

NathanA

macrumors 6502a
Feb 9, 2008

Where exactly are you looking? I don't see the 4th-gen Touches listed ANYWHERE on Walmart.com.

Walmart, AFAICT, has totally botched their handling of the 4th-gen Touch. As you say, initially Walmart.com offered it for pre-order. But it said it was for Site-to-Store only. Okay, no biggie, so I try adding it to my shopping cart to checkout, and it won't let me check out because even though the product is marked as Site-to-Store only, it won't let me select Site-to-Store...it's not even an option! If I select my home address, I get an error telling me that I can't do that. @#$%!#^#% !!! (Both the Walmart.com support staff as well as the local Walmart employees were completely unsympathetic.)

The following weekend (Labor-day weekend), all references to the 4th-gen Touches were removed from the site, and to this day I still cannot find it mentioned anywhere. Searching for iPod Touch does not bring them up. Searching by Apple model # (for example, MC544LL is the 32GB model #) used to bring up the pre-order items, and now I get 0 search results.

So, again...where are you seeing this on Walmart.com? What do I need to be searching for that I'm apparently not? :p

Thanks,

-- Nathan

ersatz

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2010
I didn't know WalMart was an authorized seller for the iPod Touch till now.

Anyway, walmart.ca says the new iPod Touch, Nano, and whatever else are "coming soon."

wootwootman

macrumors member
Sep 7, 2010
Where exactly are you looking? I don't see the 4th-gen Touches listed ANYWHERE on Walmart.com.

i can find them fairly easily.
within 2 clicks from the homepage, actually

if you're talking about buying them online, then yeah you're outta luck cuz it says coming soon

avilla86

macrumors newbie
Aug 25, 2010

Walmart, AFAICT, has totally botched their handling of the 4th-gen Touch. As you say, initially Walmart.com offered it for pre-order. But it said it was for Site-to-Store only. Okay, no biggie, so I try adding it to my shopping cart to checkout, and it won't let me check out because even though the product is marked as Site-to-Store only, it won't let me select Site-to-Store...it's not even an option! If I select my home address, I get an error telling me that I can't do that. @#$%!#^#% !!! (Both the Walmart.com support staff as well as the local Walmart employees were completely unsympathetic.)

The following weekend (Labor-day weekend), all references to the 4th-gen Touches were removed from the site, and to this day I still cannot find it mentioned anywhere. Searching for iPod Touch does not bring them up. Searching by Apple model # (for example, MC544LL is the 32GB model #) used to bring up the pre-order items, and now I get 0 search results.

So, again...where are you seeing this on Walmart.com? What do I need to be searching for that I'm apparently not? :p

Thanks,

-- Nathan

To find the new ipods on walmart's website you have to click on the electronics tab on the left side of the page. When the electronics page comes up there are three main features that appear at random...you can click the number to change the feature if the ipods don't come up first. It's either number one or three every time. When you click on it the picture will change and it will say "Introducing the new ipods" CLick the picture and all the new ipods show up. I don't know why the search bar does not bring them up.

NathanA

macrumors 6502a
Feb 9, 2008
Y'all are right. You can find them on the website if you go through that special feature link (which just so HAPPENS to be a flash app, so if you are browsing on an iPhone/iPod or using the Walmart app, you can't access it...bizarre AND stupid, heh). They don't appear in the regular Apple iPod section, they don't come up in a search, and you can't access that section any other way. *sigh*

Even better: out of all of the Walmarts that are "close by", two show the 32GB one as being in stock. Cool! Rang both of them up, and they both claimed to not have them in and said that the web site is "wrong sometimes."

Ahh, the joys of Walmart, and of living in a remote and rural area. :)

-- Nathan

EDIT: Oh, and I think I figured out why the pre-order Site-to-Store thing might have been broken for me: apparently the Walmart that is actually within city limits proper doesn't accept Site-to-Store shipments! (It says "Temporary unavailable, Available October 27" ...?) The next-closest one (45 minutes away) does. I'm sure I must have had the local one set as "my store" when I tried to check out before. One mystery solved, many more to go (including why they won't take online S-t-S orders for it anymore and just give you incorrect stock estimates at stores).

RyanNoah

macrumors newbie
Jul 9, 2010
I live in central Wisconsin. Wisconsin Rapids Wal-Mart had a one 32-gig Touch but the worker on the phone said he could not yet sell it. He said it was because it just came in the door. I thought he was full of it until..........

....I called the Wal-Mart in Onalaska, Wi and they had one 64-gig Touch, and got there quick to buy it.

So check your surrounding Wal-Marts, you never know. They are showing up randomly.

Just a side note, the worker at Wal-Mart asked what is so different about the new Touch. :)

BradenG

macrumors regular
Jul 13, 2009
Wisconsin
Was at Best Buy today here in Sheboygan, WI...guy said new iPod Touch is coming in there September 26.

edit: Ryan sup wiscy buddy

pjanobe

macrumors newbie
Aug 30, 2010
8gb and 32gb models(not sure on the 64) available at the Tulalip, WA Walmart. Called them, they said they were in stock, came in, the people in electronics said they only had third gens, explained my phone call, they found the 4th gens still in the packaging box next to the other iPods.

tubemonkey

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2009
I was in Walmart today and they had the new shuffles in the display case alongside last year's nanos and touches. Didn't bother checking any further as to the availability of the new nanos and touches or the pricing, because I wouldn't buy one from Walmart in the first place. Costco would be my first store of choice, because it has reduced pricing, a 90-day return policy and no restocking fees.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.