Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPad Apps

Old Aug 9, 2010, 06:36 PM   #1
dantherevelator
macrumors regular

CSS3Machine for iPad is now available!

EDIT: CSS3Machine is now available on the App Store: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/css3m...388838727?mt=8

My first iPad app is nearly done. It's called CSS3Machine, it creates CSS3 stylesheets and builds CSS3Animations. I'm looking for a few beta testers, if anyone's interested, you can sign up at the address below.

I've attached a bit of marketing copy, and you can see a brief video at CSS3Machine.com. Thanks to all for your time.

Get on the cutting edge

CSS3 Machine can create complex CSS3 effects such as gradients and 3D transforms in seconds. It exports clean, optimized declarations that work beautifully in forward-thinking browsers and fail gracefully in, well, you know.

But it's more than a pretty, easy-to use CSS3 Generator: CSS3 Machine also builds WebKit animations, generates previews of each keyframe, and even lets you fine-tune an animation as it plays.

CSS3Machine can create stylesheets that include draft CSS3 properties such as the following:
  • Border Radius
  • Box Reflect (WebKit Only)
  • Box Shadow
  • Linear Gradients
  • Radial Gradients
  • Text Shadow
  • Text Stroke
  • 2D Transforms
  • - Rotate
  • - Scale
  • - Skew
  • - Translate
  • 3D Transforms
  • - Rotate 3D
  • - Scale 3D
  • - Translate 3D
  • - Transform Origin
  • - Keyframe Animations (WebKit only)
CSS3Machine isn’t just a CSS3 Generator
There are already CSS3 Generators on the web. Some of them are fairly usable. But they all lack a few key things; they don’t give live previews of what you’re generating in a meaningful context, they don’t save your work, they’re not pretty, and they’re not any damned fun.

CSS3Machine checks those boxes, then takes it further.
Webkit’s Keyframe animations are powerful and flexible (and hardware-accelerated on iOS devices), and CSS3Machine brings them to life. With live previews of each keyframe and the ability to tweak the animation even as it plays, CSS3 Machine makes it simple to experiment with the cutting edge of web design.

CSS3Machine can store all the stylesheets you’re using for your current projects, as well as custom HTML templates.

When you’re ready to use the CSS3 you created, well, that's a chinch, too.
Just hit http://your-ipad's-name.local to connect your browser to CSS3Machine over wifi and you’ll see the full set of declarations you’re working on in CSS3Machine, ready to do with what you will.

CSS3Machine for iPad will be available soon. If you're interested in joining the beta, you can sign up at http://css3machine.com, or follow @css3machine for updates.

Last edited by dantherevelator; Sep 19, 2010 at 08:08 PM.
dantherevelator is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2010, 06:40 PM   #2
Corndog5595
macrumors 65816

wow, the app looks very nice.
Corndog5595 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2010, 10:20 PM   #3
dantherevelator
macrumors regular

Just wanted to make a note that the first beta went out today and I should have the Beta 2 ready by the end of next week. If you'd like to participate in that, you can sign up at CSS3Machine.com. There's definitely room for a few more beta testers.

Oh, and a little peek at the what the stylesheet preview looks like on your local network:

Thumb resize.

Thanks everybody! I really appreciate your feedback.

Dan @numerosign
Old Sep 9, 2010, 04:47 PM   #4
dantherevelator
macrumors regular

Hello everyone!

CSS3Machine has been submitted to Apple, so now it's just a matter of waiting. In the meantime, I've completed the CSS3 Machine product page for our website, and there are more details there if you're interested.

CSS3Machine for iPad - CSS3 Styles and Animations in Seconds

Thanks!
Old Sep 9, 2010, 06:10 PM   #5
DylanG
macrumors regular

That's really cool! Congratulations on submitting. Too bad I missed your beta but I guess I'll just have to buy it now. What will the price be?
DylanG is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2010, 10:15 AM   #6
dantherevelator
macrumors regular

Thanks. We're actually still vacillating a bit on the price, but when it goes live I'll be sure to post another update.

River of News looks very polished, BTW. If I was a Google Reader Man I'd be on that in a heartbeat.
Old Sep 10, 2010, 03:26 PM   #7
foiden
macrumors 6502a

Wow. A Toolkit for doing CSS3 and with full proper previews? Sign me up for this. This is a much much needed tool just about anywhere. I remember a little over a month ago, looking for such a tool but to no avail.
foiden is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2010, 08:11 PM   #8
dantherevelator
macrumors regular

Hello everyone!

CSS3Machine has been approved and it's now available in the App Store. See it here: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/css3m...388838727?mt=8

There's also a bit more about the app, as well as some additional screenshots, at http://numerosign.com/software/CSS3Machine/

Thanks so much for all of your interest and support.

Daniel Eckhart
@numerosign
Old Sep 26, 2010, 05:06 AM   #9
Maximized
macrumors newbie

Location: The Netherlands (not to be mistaken with The Netherworlds)
Hey Dan,

Is there any way to export an minified version of CSS? That would be really handy.
Maximized is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2010, 06:53 PM   #10
dantherevelator
macrumors regular

Eek, sorry for the late reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximized View Post
Hey Dan,

Is there any way to export an minified version of CSS? That would be really handy.
Thanks for the feedback!

This functionality isn't in CSS3Machine at the moment, but I'll add it to the future enhancements lists. To be honest, though, I think most people are going to be pulling CSS out of CSS3Machine and sticking into another stylesheet, so I'm not sure how often a minification feature would be used.

Last edited by dantherevelator; Sep 28, 2010 at 06:54 PM. Reason: Copy edit
Old Oct 6, 2010, 03:43 PM   #11
foiden
macrumors 6502a

I just signed on to get the voucher so I'll be able to get started on testing for this app.
foiden is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2010, 10:59 PM   #12
ethen
macrumors regular

Nice, well generated output
ethen is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPad Apps