Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

baller1308

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2009
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

Hint: Winterboard

Nickel Dime Bay

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2009
Dont wanna threadjack but how would i resize sms bubbles i used on the 3GS for use on the iphone 4? Also the sms background image

Attachments

• Balloon_1.png
    Balloon_1.png
    4.2 KB · Views: 68,213
  • Balloon_2.png
    Balloon_2.png
    3.9 KB · Views: 68,089

sidewinder

macrumors 68020
Dec 10, 2008
Northern California
I am using an iPhone 3GS running iOS4. I have openssh, I have used it before. I just need to know what to look for.

Look in here:

/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/ChatKit.framework

On your phone, the outgoing text file is "Balloon_1.png" while the incoming is "Balloon_2.png". On the iPhone 4, the outgoing text file is "Balloon_1@2x.png" while the incoming is "Balloon_2@2x.png".

Note that biteSMS uses these balloons as well.

It simpler to use a WinterBoard theme to do this because it will survive updates. I made up myself to just for the balloons.

S-

htownmade1984

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 5, 2010
Dont wanna threadjack but how would i resize sms bubbles i used on the 3GS for use on the iphone 4? Also the sms background image

I can help you change the background for sure. Not sure about resizing the icons though. You use ssh?

And do you know how to change the color of the sms bubbles.?

htownmade1984

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 5, 2010
Look in here:

/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/ChatKit.framework

On your phone, the outgoing text file is "Balloon_1.png" while the incoming is "Balloon_2.png". On the iPhone 4, the outgoing text file is "Balloon_1@2x.png" while the incoming is "Balloon_2@2x.png".

Note that biteSMS uses these balloons as well.

It simpler to use a WinterBoard theme to do this because it will survive updates. I made up myself to just for the balloons.

S-

Thank you very much. I haven't looked in there yet, are those the bubbles? Or are those the colors? And what would I do with them?

Nickel Dime Bay

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2009
I can help you change the background for sure. Not sure about resizing the icons though. You use ssh?

And do you know how to change the color of the sms bubbles.?

I know how to ssh but I just need some images resized for the iPhone 4. Sorry I don't know how to change colors man.

htownmade1984

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 5, 2010
I know how to ssh but I just need some images resized for the iPhone 4. Sorry I don't know how to change colors man.

Thanks, I found sound colored bubbles that I was able to replace my balloon_1 and balloon_2 bubbles with. They were already colored.

Big Thanks to Sidewinder for telling me where to go into the phone.

w3iiipu

macrumors member
Jun 30, 2010
to use the image from ur 3gs u need to blow it up twice the size and name it with a @2x. But usually that causes the image to become pixelated.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.