Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BulletMonkey

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 21, 2010
Okay so yesterday I was getting rid of some files of my desktop of the computer I use almost daily so it would not be huge in memory like images, and hew other items and I tried putting them in my trash so I can get rid of them, but it said well this:

Picture2-1.png

I'm not the admin on this computer far from it, only a regular member.

PLEASE HELP!

Caleb531

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2009
It looks like you don't have the privileges to delete those files. You should contact your Mac's administrator (whoever it is) about it, and see if they can help you.

BulletMonkey

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 21, 2010
It looks like you don't have the privileges to delete those files. You should contact your Mac's administrator (whoever it is) about it, and see if they can help you.

But big help, but he was able to get rid of files I wanted, but I want to remove files without waiting my dad to come home, and type his password every freaking time I want to delete something. I can only delete files IF I added them to my desktop on the day that I added them. Not sure about getting the file, signing out, signing back in them getting rid of it. But I do not want to try it out because my ada will possibly get angry. :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.