Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Aug 10, 2010, 09:33 AM   #1
WiBu
macrumors member

Voice Memos not syncing with iTunes at all

The title pretty much describes the issue; I am unable to sync Voice Memos with iTunes. Everything else seems to work fine. I am using an iPhone 4 and Windows 7.

The voice memos are entirely intact on the iPhone and play fine. I usually manage to fix these sort of things quite easily

I have the "Include voice memos" checkbox ticked. I have gone through all the things I can things of: I have reinstalled iTunes; restored the iPhone; unchecked/checked all the sync options.

I would rather not have to use a third-party piece of software.

Any ideas or is this quite a common problem?
WiBu is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2010, 11:03 AM   #2
CSMchris376
macrumors regular

Where are you looking for the voice memos at? There should be a play list entitled Voice Memos, and that should be where they are located.

I've heard of similar issues in the past, however I've not experienced any of it. Is everything else syncing for you? Do you have manually manage music checked?
CSMchris376 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2010, 03:27 PM   #3
waynerrr
macrumors newbie

I found the solution on another forum (source is at bottom)...but basically I noticed that if i created a fresh new voice memo and then synced...then it worked. So the problem then became that older voice memos weren't syncing..
so the solution is to:-
go to each old memo and TRIM it (see the little blue arrow, far right of each memo..click on that arrow and trim by 1 second)..then when you sync ..it sees the voice memo as a new one and syncs it fine

source: http://discussions.apple.com/message...sageID=9692256
waynerrr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2010, 12:01 AM   #4
Resist
macrumors 68030

Since upgrading to iOS 4.2.1, I am not able to save my voice memos from my iPhone 4 to itunes. I created a new memo and even trimmed it, but it still isn't being saved to itunes. And yes I checked "include voice memo" in itunes.

Also can't get older voice memos on itunes to sync back into my iPhone 4.
Resist is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting