Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bperrella

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 8, 2010
I use my iPad to take notes in class, but my issue is that I type in outline format so the lack of a TAB key on the iPad keyboard slows my typing speed significantly. Is there a custom keyboard for the iPad that does have a TAB key? I would like to avoid carrying the external keyboard dock or bluetooth keyboard.

mrathee

macrumors 6502
Jul 8, 2010
I use my iPad to take notes in class, but my issue is that I type in outline format so the lack of a TAB key on the iPad keyboard slows my typing speed significantly. Is there a custom keyboard for the iPad that does have a TAB key? I would like to avoid carrying the external keyboard dock or bluetooth keyboard.

I actually have the same issue - i find myself formatting using the space bar, which is time consuming (excessively so because I am pretty anal about keeping my notes and outlines neat and aligned. so each indent needs to be the same amount of spaces..)

I would love it if there was a solution for this.

bperrella

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 8, 2010
I actually have the same issue - i find myself formatting using the space bar, which is time consuming (excessively so because I am pretty anal about keeping my notes and outlines neat and aligned. so each indent needs to be the same amount of spaces..)

I would love it if there was a solution for this.

Exactly - same thing with me. Hitting the Space Bar 10x gets time consuming.

iThinman

macrumors regular
Jun 27, 2010
You can two, three, four finger +....tap the space bar for more spaces at one time, but yeah, I generally hate the keyboard and wish replacements where available that were not app specific.

Perihelion

macrumors regular
Jun 4, 2010
I grabbed Documents to Go from the app store which has indent management and auto bullet and numbered lists. Everything I needed for notes at work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.