Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Aug 11, 2010, 01:04 PM   #1
jhawkins1029
macrumors newbie

Iphone 3gs frozen with apple logo and loading circle

I let my friend play with my phone and I think he may have played with jailbreaking it or something. Needless to say I wasnt happy and my phone was kind of glitchy so I didnt know what else to do besides to reset my phone. So I reset it, instead of restoring it. Now it is stuck when I try and turn it on. There is the apple logo in the center of the screen with a loading circle that is frozen and also I tiny bar across the top of the screen like its broken on there. I try to connect it to itunes to restore it but itunes wont recognize it and pretty soon its going to die. Anyone know if there is a way to reload its software without having itunes connect to it or anything?
jhawkins1029 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2010, 01:06 PM   #2
Intell
macrumors P6

The only wa y to get it working again is to put it into DFU mode and restore it via iTunes.
Intell is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2010, 01:17 PM   #3
jhawkins1029
macrumors newbie

How do i get it into DFU mode? I cant work with it at all and my computer doesnt even recognize it. It turns off if I use the home key and lock button reset, but thats about it
jhawkins1029 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2010, 01:46 PM   #4
Intell
macrumors P6

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=1034

It may take a few tries. Just keep trying. It is always possible to get an iDevice into DFU mode.
Old Aug 11, 2010, 01:50 PM   #5
yentrog31
macrumors regular

If it is stuck at the APPLE LOGO in the beginning, turn it off by holding the POWER and HOME button at the same time for 5 seconds.
1. Put your USB cable in the computer.
2. Hold the HOME button while the iPhone is OFF.
3. Put the cable in your iPhone while holding HOME. This will let you to do a recovery mode.

“Beauty in things exists in the mind which contemplates them.”
yentrog31 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2010, 01:52 PM   #6
Intell
macrumors P6

Quote:
Originally Posted by yentrog31 View Post
If it is stuck at the APPLE LOGO in the beginning, turn it off by holding the POWER and HOME button at the same time for 5 seconds.
1. Put your USB cable in the computer.
2. Hold the HOME button while the iPhone is OFF.
3. Put the cable in your iPhone while holding HOME. This will let you to do a recovery mode.
That is not DFU mode. It is Recovery mode and depending on the far the iPhone can boot it may not get into Recovery mode.
Old Aug 13, 2010, 03:05 AM   #7
nusbaumry
macrumors newbie

My iPhone 3G just did this. Put it in DFU mode and it fixed the problem, although whenever I restart it, it momentarily gets stuck at the Apple logo with the loading circle again.
nusbaumry is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2010, 08:37 AM   #8
Melanotis
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intell View Post
http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=1034

It may take a few tries. Just keep trying. It is always possible to get an iDevice into DFU mode.
Thank you for this my Mum's iPhone is in DFU mode now and all looks like it's working. Lord knows what she did with it.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting