Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

clivewarren

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 10, 2010
Had trouble activating my phone last night, when i called to activate my iphone 4 and deactivate the 3gs, it deactivated the 3gs and wouldnt let me activate the iphone 4 until putting it into an itunes. I had forgotten when my imac was fixed the guy downgraded it to Tiger. So desperately needing my phone i just plugged it into my brothers macbook and unplugged it after activation. Installed snow leopard on my imac today so now i can use it in my itunes. How do i remove it from my brothers account and onto mine? It only charges when i plug it into my computer. Thanksss

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
Just plug it into your iMac, open iTunes, click yes to erasing the current synced music and media, then sync your own contacts and music onto it.

clivewarren

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 10, 2010
All it does is charge when plugged into my computer. Theres no prompt to remove anything. The iphone uses my brothers login/password. I need to remove that completely and sync it with mine.

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
Does your iMac's iTunes see it at all? If not try downloading the latest version of iTunes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.