Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch > iPod touch Hacks

Old Aug 12, 2010, 12:36 AM   #1
Lumpyokc
macrumors newbie

iPod touch stuck in boot loop. iTunes not recognizing it.

I have an iPod touch 2g that was jailbroke using jailbreakme.com. After a few days it crashed. I went to restore it and iTunes won't recognize it so I can't even put it in DFU mode. Because mother one of the buttons work. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance.
Lumpyokc is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2010, 11:46 AM   #2
slomifier
macrumors regular

Because of your typo, I'm not 100% on your problem. Spell check please.

Anyways, DFU is ALWAYS possible. It's hardware, not software based, so even if your ipod is "bricked", DFU is possible; thus the iPod's claim that it is unbrickable.

If, by your typo you meant that one of the buttons required for DFU doesnt work, you might be SOL. I know there are programs you can get where you hook your ipod up to your computer, run the program, and it forces a DFU, but I cant recall what they are called.

Hope that helps
Old Aug 13, 2010, 04:30 PM   #3
Lumpyokc
macrumors newbie

When I hold both buttons down for 10 secs nothing happens. When unplug it in it shows the red low battery indicator then it goes into the apple boot logo then the spinning wheel stops. I then hold both buttons down and nothing happens. It's been plugged in 3 days
Old Aug 13, 2010, 04:58 PM   #4
Giuly
macrumors 68040

Location: That depends whether you ask for timezone, state of mind or GPS coordinates.
  • Power it off.
  • Wait 5 seconds
  • Press Home and Lock Button together for 10 seconds
  • Release only the Lock Button and keep holding the Home button for another 10 seconds.

Then you should be in DFU mode.
Giuly is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2010, 06:34 PM   #5
Lumpyokc
macrumors newbie

It's powered off 100% of the time. And when I hold the buttons down nothing happens. I'm a 1st gen iPhone iPhone 3G and now I have the iPhone 4 and longtime Mac user. I know how to go into dfu mode and it's not happening.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch > iPod touch Hacks