Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CuriousG1978

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 12, 2010
Does anyone know if iPhone safari automatically delete your browsing history without you doing it?

Also, is it possible to retrieve/view deleted browsing history on safari's iPhone?

Thanks a million!!

clintron

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2011
I am having this same problem. My phone memory was nearly full, and it only kept about 5 days of history. I did not clear the browser history though. That was about a week ago.. now I am looking at my phone, and it only shows 6 days of history, and some of the days that were there last time I checked are now gone too, without anyone touching my phone other than me. No one seems to be providing any technical information about this, surely safari has some limit, or it would keep all of your browser history from day one as long as you never restored the phone or cleared the browser history manually.

CuriousG1978, did you get any answers other than no?

Millikan

macrumors newbie
Dec 6, 2011
Clear address/browsing history on Iphone

To clear you history on your iPhone, go to "Settings" on your phone. Scroll down to "Safari" and click. Scroll down to "Clear history" and "Clear cookies and data." Click both. Done. :) Hope this helps!

guccigucci88

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2010
To clear you history on your iPhone, go to "Settings" on your phone. Scroll down to "Safari" and click. Scroll down to "Clear history" and "Clear cookies and data." Click both. Done. :) Hope this helps!

Sry for reviving... But i had to say it. Millikan way to completely not read what the op was asking and be oblivious to postin such an ignorant reply. Sorry. CUdnt help myself -.-

ixodes

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2012
Pacific Coast, USA
I am also having this same problem. My phone memory was nearly full, and it only kept about 5 days of history.how can i do now?

See post #5 in this thread.

In addition, I use an app called "Disc Space"

It's fast & very handy, just one tap & it displays a two colored pie chart. It shows how much is used & how much remains.

It saves one the time of drilling down through settings to get the info. I also prefer it's analog display. It's a nice point of reference.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.