Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics

Old Aug 12, 2010, 04:25 AM   #1
katarina
macrumors newbie

preview different fonts

Hi

I have been using illustrator for years on windows enviroment and just recently switched to mac.

On the windows version of Illustrator CS5 you can preview different fonts on the desired text by just placing the cursor on the font selection bar and then simply press the up/down arrows keys. On mac it does not work that way and you have to select a font at a time.

Is there a way to make it work as it does in illustrator?

Thanks
katarina is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2010, 08:54 AM   #2
eponym
macrumors 6502

I think you're actually changing the typeface, not just previewing it. Up/Down has worked in various selection boxes in Mac Adobe apps for years. But I've only ever used it with numerical selectors (point size, margins, leading etc).

You can turn on font previewing in the preferences for Illustrator so that the drop menu shows a preview of the face in the list itself. But that's about it.
eponym is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics