Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
Using Apple-provided/built-in code/APIs: no.

If you can find a C-based library that can be compiled into your code or compiled into a statically linked library with a license that is acceptable to you: yes.

Of if the above is impossible then yes if your write all the decompression code yourself by reading and then implementing the specifications.

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
I got a source for unix, what can I do next?

Erm, what I said above. I'm not going to hold your hand through this or spoon feed you each chunk of documentation: this is your project. Time for you to go and do the research and lean by figuring it out yourself.

mikezang

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 22, 2010
Tokyo, Japan
I can uncompress lzh file in Mac OS, I have source, I can compile it with Mac OS SDK, but I tried to use iPhone OS 3.2, that is failed!

I want to know if it can be used in iPad? and how can I compile it with iPhone OS?

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
I can uncompress lzh file in Mac OS, I have source, I can compile it with Mac OS SDK, but I tried to use iPhone OS 3.2, that is failed!

I want to know if it can be used in iPad? and how can I compile it with iPhone OS?

You will have to be more descriptive than that. You are in real danger of becoming a Help Vampire. Tell us exactly, step by step, what you have done. When you say "it failed" do you think that's enough for anyone to offer assistance or should you explain exactly what failed, post any error messages, explain what you've already tried to debug this etc...

mikezang

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 22, 2010
Tokyo, Japan
When I select iPhone 3.2 SDK, I got compile error.

Attachments

• SnapShot 2010-08-13 at 14.11.38.jpg
    SnapShot 2010-08-13 at 14.11.38.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 144

mikezang

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 22, 2010
Tokyo, Japan
Thanks for all your suggestion.

I am successful to UnLHA the .lzh file on simulator, I think it should can be run at iPad, do you think so?

By the way, though there is a SandBox limitation in iPad.iPhone, but there ie no any limitation in simulator, I can read and write file from/to my Desktop, was this a truth to all people here?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.