Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thriii

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 14, 2007
Is there anything that would use the macbook pro webcam to take a picture every x amount of minutes? could be 2, 5, 10, 15, 30, or even every hour. I'm curious to see what happens in my room when I'm not their.. maybe im looking some type of security software that takes pictures the way I want.. i want pictures over video since video would be a bigger filesize and it would be easier to browse through pics..

is there anything out there?

thriii

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 14, 2007
tried it out and this would work perfectly.. has timed captures like i wanted.. before I choose this app, are there any others with a similar feature for a cheaper price or free? if i was looking for a full blown security cam the $25 would be fine but im not lookin to use the video part of the program.. would this even be possible to do with somethin like automator? I just need to take a picture every 3 minutes so 20 pictures an hour

thriii

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 14, 2007
I suggested Periscope because that's what I use for time lapse movies with an external webcam.

Here are other options :

EyeSight
How To Turn Your iSight into a Security Camera with Automator
Time-lapse photos via iSight and AppleScript
Automatic isight capture to have your Mac be a time lapse camera

Google is your friend! ;)
Eyesight looks like the best option for me.. I was thinking maybe I want to use it with an external webcam sometimes also.. is there a way to have my macbook think an external webcam is the isight so I can use programs like Eyesight with an external instead of iSight?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.