Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leolizm

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 16, 2010
Hey i have tried many ways

1. Normal Installation
2. Leopard assist
3. open firm ware - when i type it says could not identify all sentences i typed the result wa not "ok"

I need a result and i know my mac can go for LEOPARD

Help me

800mhz
:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
Does your iBook have a DvD drive? Some iBooks of that model don't have one. To test try playing a DvD Movie.

Leolizm

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 16, 2010
there are all the requirements that they ask for...

There are all the software and hardware requirements that are needed but it still doesn't work...

besides, i am trying to install leopard from the hard disk itself.

Plz help me out.

kernkraft

macrumors 68020
Jun 25, 2009
I know that the thread is not about this...
In theory, you can run Leopard on a G4 iBook, but why would you want to do that? Tiger runs so much better on them. Unless you require Leopard for a particular application, I wouldn't pass Tiger.

Leolizm

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 16, 2010
So how can i burn it to dvd

I have only 4.7 gb disk and the file is of 7.51 GB so is their a proper way to burn it or should i compress it
:confused::confused::confused:

MacHamster68

macrumors 68040
Sep 17, 2009
go buy the retail dvd and you will see it will install without any problems but it will slow your ibook right down ,it does my 1.42 ghz mini with 1gb ram slows right down , feels more like my mini would have only a 450mhz G4 and 256mb ram when running leopard , i bought the disc out of curiosity because my mini is my operating system test platform so i needed leopard on it and because everyone was praising the leopard like it was one of the 7 wonders of the world , but i definitely keep tiger on the Mac's i have to do any kind of work on , as tiger is still the best operating system apple has developed in recent years

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
trying to install leopard from the hard disk...so where did the Leopard come from? It sounds like it was an illegal torrent download.

That's my guess. The OP should ask a fellow Mac friend or look on eBay for Leopard.

FourCandles

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2009
England
The OP's Mac is slightly below the system requirements for Leopard, so presumably there has to be some hacking involved (hence the mention of Leopard assist). Possibly that is the source of the problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.