Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPhone and iPod touch Apps

Old Aug 13, 2010, 01:30 PM   #1
JulesK
macrumors regular

Good For Enterprise 1.6.1.120 - Sync w/Contacts App Help Needed

I attempted to update the Good app for my iPhone 4, which ultimately required that I delete the old version, install the new version, and then enter a new activation PIN. Everything worked, except that the Good app will no longer sync with Contacts (which is a huge loss because you can dial your work contacts directly from the Phone app). It keeps telling me that "Your handheld is configured to synchronize contacts using another application. Disable contact synchronization from handheld Settings before enabling this option." Does anyone know how to fix this? I canít find an option in the Settings app that addresses this. Greatly appreciate any comments.
JulesK is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2010, 08:20 AM   #2
sinsin07
macrumors 68020

It might be best to send an email to Good. I am not to sure about how many people here know what Good is or even use it. I am interested in the answer, I don't have the problem, but I support Good users.
sinsin07 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2010, 02:38 PM   #3
JulesK
macrumors regular

Simple, if not satisfying, answer

It turns out (unless someone has a work-around) that with the Good application, you can only sync with the Good contacts, and have to turn off any syncing with Mobile Me contacts (which I had turned on, too). So once you turn off the Mobile Me contact syncing, you then turn ON the Good contact syncing, turn it off to erase the Good group in the Contacts App (at least I had to), and then turn it on again to re-sync the Good contacts, and then you are fine.

I haven't tried yet whether everything will continue to work by also turning on the Mobile Me contact syncing. I only have a handful of contacts in my Mobile Me account, and I really need my Good contacts to sync properly.

If Good comes out with another version of the iPhone app, I'll turn off syncing (which will erase the good contacts), install the new version, get a new PIN, an the resync contacts.

Cumbersome, but the alternative is to use a BlackBerry!
JulesK is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2010, 05:42 PM   #4
sinsin07
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulesK View Post
It turns out (unless someone has a work-around) that with the Good application, you can only sync with the Good contacts, and have to turn off any syncing with Mobile Me contacts (which I had turned on, too). So once you turn off the Mobile Me contact syncing, you then turn ON the Good contact syncing, turn it off to erase the Good group in the Contacts App (at least I had to), and then turn it on again to re-sync the Good contacts, and then you are fine.

I haven't tried yet whether everything will continue to work by also turning on the Mobile Me contact syncing. I only have a handful of contacts in my Mobile Me account, and I really need my Good contacts to sync properly.

If Good comes out with another version of the iPhone app, I'll turn off syncing (which will erase the good contacts), install the new version, get a new PIN, an the resync contacts.

Cumbersome, but the alternative is to use a BlackBerry!
+1
Thanks for the answer!!!!
sinsin07 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2012, 07:20 PM   #5
theanimala
macrumors regular

I just wanted to let people know that I too was having this problem and your solution worked perfectly for me. Thanks for posting this. Good on iOS is working quite well for me and I while not as good as email on a blackberry I am glad to be down to one device to carry.

Thanks!

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPhone and iPod touch Apps