Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gjeepguy

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 19, 2010
So as a fellow designer... I enjoy seeing all of the concepts that show up in and around launch time. I was just curious, out of these concepts, which one has the most potential as the next iPhone? We will call it iPhone5, or iPhone V (for 5 or Verizon).

I realize that their may not be a redesign coming next year(or maybe there will in January per recent rumors) but I was thinking more as an eventual redesign of the product.

iphone-unibody.jpg

senza-titolo-25.png

iphone4g-500x333.png

iphone-4g-concept-thin.jpg

iphone-4g-hd-leak-pics-1.jpg

iPhone-Concept.jpg

iphone_ultra_thin_concept.jpg

iphone-HD.jpg

iphone4.jpg

If you find any promising design for me to add to the list let me know by posting below or pm.*

Thanks. *

Apple...

macrumors 68020
May 6, 2010
The United States
None. Mr. Ive is better than that.

Also, I believe the iPhone 4 will be the first Verizon iPhone, instead of the fifth-generation one (if any of the most recent rumors are to be believed).

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
Those designs are wayyyyy too thin!! That would be creepy having a cellphone that thin! I HIGHLY DOUBT we'll see a new design next year. The iPhone 4 will probably be slightly modified, but a new design will probably come every TWO years (iPhone 4 users are eligible for a full upgrade then).

2007-Original iPhone
2008-iPhone 3G (New Design)
2009-iPhone 3GS (2008 Design)
2010-iPhone 4 (New Design)
2011-??? (2010 Design -- modified)
2012-??? (New Design)

Gjeepguy

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 19, 2010
Those designs are wayyyyy too thin!! That would be creepy having a cellphone that thin! I HIGHLY DOUBT we'll see a new design next year. The iPhone 4 will probably be slightly modified, but a new design will probably come every TWO years (iPhone 4 users are eligible for a full upgrade then).

2007-Original iPhone
2008-iPhone 3G (New Design)
2009-iPhone 3GS (2008 Design)
2010-iPhone 4 (New Design)
2011-??? (2010 Design -- modified)
2012-??? (New Design)

Yeah i am thinking 2012 as well.

I realize that their may not be a redesign coming next year(or maybe there will in January per recent rumors) but I was thinking more as an eventual redesign of the product.

Irish Rose

macrumors 65816
May 29, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A400 Safari/6531.22.7)

I don't want a phone as thin as those. I think the size and shape of the iPhone 4 is just fine.

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
The only one I think Apple would make is number 5, but not in that color.

Bodhi395

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2008
I think most of those concepts are quite ugly.

I don't think Apple will make the physical size of the phone any bigger, such as the 4+ inch android phones out there. However, I think they will make the screen bigger by getting rid of the two black bars on the top and bottom of the front and making the entire front face of the iPhone a screen. I'm not sure what they would do with the front cam, speaker, and home button, but that could be worked out somehow.

I think having the entire front of Apple products being screens, and eliminating all borders, is the direction they are headed in. I could see a future iMac being a borderless screen. The only exception would be the iPad, since having no borders might be hard since people hold it around the edges more than the iPhone.

Apple-NoEscape

macrumors 6502
Mar 25, 2010
United Kingdom
last one will never happen too UGLY. plus apple is way better at design then these pictures.

Yeah just like that amazing design where they put the antenna on the outside,
but that's not all, they also but you bit youre not supposed to bridge in the mist common place to touch. :p :rolleyes:
There are many many people that are much better at designs then apple.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.