Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPad Apps

Old Aug 13, 2010, 08:17 PM   #1
saberahul
macrumors 68040

All in one office app?

Looking for something which supports pretty much all of MS Office products, Office 2010 included, allows PDF viewing and annotating (such as iAnnotate) and is compatible with SugarSync and DropBox. The best I could find was Docs to Go however their latest update has thrown everyone off and the reviews are now horrible, QuickOffice HD doesn't allow PPT editing whatsoever and iAnnotate is limited to PDFs only.
Any suggestions? (I'm sort of looking for 1 app which does it all).

Thanks,
SR
Old Aug 13, 2010, 08:50 PM   #2
shadowness
macrumors regular

as of yet nothing like you want is available!
shadowness is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2010, 01:52 AM   #3
saberahul
macrumors 68040

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9550/5.0.0.713 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowness
as of yet nothing like you want is available!
Darn. Where are you developers lol.
Old Aug 14, 2010, 11:59 AM   #4
ashVID
macrumors regular

You would need about 7 different apps to cover all of your needs, even then, it would be sketchy. I've opted for Office2HD and Goodreader as a cheap solution hopefully waiting for someone to pull it all together.

ash =o)
ashVID is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2010, 12:55 PM   #5
JulianL
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by saberahul;
Looking for something which supports pretty much all of MS Office products, Office 2010 included, allows PDF viewing and annotating (such as iAnnotate) and is compatible with SugarSync and DropBox. The best I could find was Docs to Go however their latest update has thrown everyone off and the reviews are now horrible, QuickOffice HD doesn't allow PPT editing whatsoever and iAnnotate is limited to PDFs only.
Any suggestions? (I'm sort of looking for 1 app which does it all).

Thanks,
SR
I don't know of anything either but, if no one can come up with an immediate solution, then I suspect that your best medium-term bet might be to keep watching Docs to Go and QuickOffice HD. They're in such fierce competition with each other that I can't imagine D2G not fixing their problems and QO not adding PPT editing as soon as they can.

My requirements aren't as broad as yours but, even for my basic spreadsheets use, neither of them does everything I want yet (I've purchased both). For me D2G seems more feature rich but QO has a nicer UI.

- Julian
JulianL is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2010, 03:04 PM   #6
saberahul
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulianL View Post
I don't know of anything either but, if no one can come up with an immediate solution, then I suspect that your best medium-term bet might be to keep watching Docs to Go and QuickOffice HD. They're in such fierce competition with each other that I can't imagine D2G not fixing their problems and QO not adding PPT editing as soon as they can.

My requirements aren't as broad as yours but, even for my basic spreadsheets use, neither of them does everything I want yet (I've purchased both). For me D2G seems more feature rich but QO has a nicer UI.

- Julian
I agree. Thank you for your informative post. I will wait and watch them, I guess, to see which one can show better improvement. I also read that DTG customer service sucks which is huge let down.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPad Apps