Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Evnp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 9, 2010
Hey guys I need some help here. I was having some weird problems with my iphone 4 today, main my text messaging was weird, everytime i tried to hit the send button to send a text it would send me back to the home screen. Now this didn't happen all day, it just started happening out of no where. So i did a reset on the phone (where i held the lock and home key at the same time). And when I went to turn the phone back on it comes to a screen showing i need to connect to itunes, so I did and it says its in recovery mode and that I need to recover before doing anything in itunes. So i do that and it starts doing the update and recovery, and it starts downloading os 4.0.2, but the thing is it is always timing out!!

What's going on here?

Evnp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 9, 2010
Are you getting an error message? Have you tried DFU mode? What do you mean timing out?

what i mean by timing out is that when itunes is trying to download the software update its not downloading and the download stops and gives me an error message saying that my network connection is bad or something and it just stops installing..

anyone know why this might have happened? I had my phone on 4.0.1 and it was jailbroken if that is relevant.

Evnp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 9, 2010
Phew!

hey guys, thanks for the replys and for the help. I just wanted to say that I got the phone recovered and working :eek:

But i'm still a little worried as to why this happened in the first place :confused:, anyone ever seen this happen before?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.