Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Aug 14, 2010, 08:35 AM   #1
The.316
macrumors 65816

Problem with wireless networks w/Bootcamp

I installed XP, via BC, on my older 20" iMac, and I keep getting an error message when trying to connect to my wireless network. My network shows that it is available, with full signal strength, but as soon as I try to connect to it, I get an error message saying that it may be out of range, and I should refresh and try to connect again. Anyone know what the issue is? Thanks for the help.
The.316 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2010, 07:46 AM   #2
UpQuark
macrumors member

Send a message via AIM to UpQuark
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.316 View Post
I installed XP, via BC, on my older 20" iMac, and I keep getting an error message when trying to connect to my wireless network. My network shows that it is available, with full signal strength, but as soon as I try to connect to it, I get an error message saying that it may be out of range, and I should refresh and try to connect again. Anyone know what the issue is? Thanks for the help.
I would try this as a form of troubleshooting only.. don't leave your network like this.

Remove any network encryption with no password. Try to get access to it. Also, make sure you are connecting to YOUR wifi, not your neighbors.

IF this works, then setup security with WPA or WPA2 and a good password and try to reconnect.

Good luck!
UpQuark is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help