Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X

Old Aug 14, 2010, 06:09 PM   #1
Tstirlin
macrumors newbie

Gmail imap problems with mac mail

Problem started when I got the exclamation point in the triangle/wouldnt download mail on either my 2 macs or iPhone. I went as far as deleting the account with the hope to just re-add it. When I try and add it i get this message: "Logging in to the Gmail IMAP server “imap.gmail.com” failed. Make sure the user name and password you entered are correct, then click Continue. If the information isn’t correct, you cannot receive messages."

I have, checked for software updates, removed the .plist file, repaired disk permissions,changed my password (couple times) gone to https://www.google.com/accounts/DisplayUnlockCaptcha and did that. Nothing has worked.

Anyone?
Tstirlin is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X