Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Aug 15, 2010, 01:12 AM   #1
helloimD4NNY
macrumors regular

Unhappy Water vapor stuck in my iPhone's camera!

I installed a invisible shield on my iPhone 4 today and I went to my camera app and saw that it was blurry. I looked at my camera and saw water vapor on the inside of the glass of the camera. How to I fix this? DDDD:<
Old Aug 15, 2010, 01:17 AM   #2
GadgetGeek71
macrumors 6502

Put your phone in a zip-loc bag of uncooked rice. It will absorb the moisture. Do it over night.
Old Aug 15, 2010, 01:52 AM   #3
cmay227
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by helloimD4NNY View Post
I installed a invisible shield on my iPhone 4 today and I went to my camera app and saw that it was blurry. I looked at my camera and saw water vapor on the inside of the glass of the camera. How to I fix this? DDDD:<
remove the 2 screws on both sides of the dock and gently push the back battery cover up about a 8th inch and remove and clean. it's really easy.
cmay227 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2010, 02:18 AM   #4
_Matt
macrumors 6502

I just noticed a bit of foggy moisture in the center of my camera lens today! I don't think it's affecting my photos though.
Old Aug 15, 2010, 02:50 AM   #5
saving107
macrumors 603

Quote:
Since you live in Las Vegas, I recommend you let your phone sun dry under the windowsill during the day time to evaporate the moisture from the lens or for a quicker solution, use a hairdryer from distance. For an over night solution, I agree with GadgetGeek71, dry rice does a good job of absorbing moisture.
Old Aug 15, 2010, 03:02 AM   #6
Hellishness
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by saving107 View Post
Since you live in Las Vegas, I recommend you let your phone sun dry under the windowsill during the day time to evaporate the moisture from the lens or for a quicker solution, use a hairdryer from distance. For an over night solution, I agree with GadgetGeek71, dry rice does a good job of absorbing moisture.
I know I'm kinda nuts, but I never let my iP4 in direct sunlight. I would recommend rice over sun, since heat is bad for batteries and rice isn't.

But, maybe put a piece of tape over your camera lens and any other part of your phone that isn't covered and may get scratched by the rice.
Old Aug 15, 2010, 03:17 AM   #7
saving107
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellishness View Post
I know I'm kinda nuts, but I never let my iP4 in direct sunlight. I would recommend rice over sun, since heat is bad for batteries and rice isn't.

But, maybe put a piece of tape over your camera lens and any other part of your phone that isn't covered and may get scratched by the rice.
I just re-read my post. I didn't mean under direct sunlight. I meant to say in a bowl of dry rice on the windowsill.

About two months ago I dropped my iPod shuffle in a glass of water and I didn't realize I did for about 15hrs. Once I did notice, I took it out and dried it off with a paper towel and I plugged in my headphones to test it, it didn't work, so I got a bowl of rice and placed my iPod in the center and I put the bowl on the windowsill (it was over 100 degrees that day) for about 30-40 minutes. Plugged in my headphones again, this time it tuned on.

The heat + rice combo I think helped it dry up faster.

but this is just my opinion.
Old Aug 15, 2010, 09:59 AM   #8
kimtyson
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saving107 View Post
About two months ago I dropped my iPod shuffle in a glass of water and I didn't realize I did for about 15hrs.
Must have been one hell of a party!
kimtyson is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2010, 12:48 PM   #9
mackoroni
macrumors newbie

Quote:
I second the idea of removing the back to let it dry out. In the future stay away from wet install products. As you can see from my post I ruined by phone trying to install one.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=993846
mackoroni is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2010, 01:38 PM   #10
helloimD4NNY
macrumors regular

Thanks for all the inputs. I'd like to say that my baby(iPhone 4) is okay now. I choose to submerge my phone in a zip-lock bag full of rice over night. All of the water in my camera is gone but my pictures don't look as sharp. It might just be in my head though. ):

Anyways, thanks again! (:

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone