Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

freddy-b

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 29, 2009
Lisbon Portugal
iam currentely in portugal.. but iam going to the uk ( to buy things.. ) and i wanted to knoe if the iphone 4 16GB (£499) is unlocked.. so i can bring it back to Portugal and use my normal carrier...?

Thanks!
freddy b

molala

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2008
Cambridge, UK
iam currentely in portugal.. but iam going to the uk ( to buy things.. ) and i wanted to knoe if the iphone 4 16GB (£499) is unlocked.. so i can bring it back to Portugal and use my normal carrier...?

Thanks!
freddy b

Yes, it is unlocked if you buy it from the Apple Store (online or retail stores). And yes, it will work with your normal carrier in Portugal.

amro

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2008
It's worked well for me. I am able to swap out my Orange sim for my AT&T sim without any issues.

OMGitsShan

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2010
Yes, heavily out of stock in all London stores. If you really want one, you are better of going outside of London.

Actually both London stores - Regent Street & Covent Garden have been doing walk-ins pretty much everyday for the last week. As long as you dont mind queueing up for a few hours - you will get one. Best bet is to get there first thing in the morning.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.