Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming

Old Aug 16, 2010, 10:40 AM   #1
deadfrog
macrumors regular

Manipulating vector points...

Hi,

Just wondering if someone could help me... I am currently doing MA, wanting to explore the manipulation of glyphs through an iPhone.

Basically what I want to do is take a glyph like the letter "A" and be able to touch and drag the points out. What I was wondering is, is it possible to do this by bringing in a PDF, SVG or other kind of vector based image and then manipulate the points. Eventually I aim to be able to spit these manipulated versions back out somehow, but I will worry about the logistics of that later.

I've programmed on flash for the last 10 years or so, but just started to try and pick up objective C / cocoa and iPhone SDK, so any pointers for tutorials regarding similar things would be fantastic.

I know I'm probably trying to run before I can walk a little, but I am going through basic tutorials at the moment wherever I can find them, but I'd like to know if I'm wanting to do something impossible...

I have also attached two images of what I mean (incase I haven't explained myself very well). The first is the letter "A" initially, the second is the "A" being manipulated (the grey circle being the touch reference).

Like I said, any helpful advice, tutorials or non abusive comments for being new to it all would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Rich
Attached Images

deadfrog is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming