Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RetiredInFl

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 7, 2008
FORMERLY NJ now FL
I have use of free xFinity wi-fi hotspots all over my area however I am unable to connect to them on my iPhone 4.

Before I got my iPhone 4 I had an android device. When i loaded the browser I would get right to an Xfininty hotspot login page. My iPhone 4 is not getting me to the xfinity login page.

Now, I KNOW I am connected to their hotspot because my iPhone 4 shows , under the Xfinity Wi-Fi that I am getting an IP, Gateway, DNS etc for xfinity but the phone still says 3G. If I turn off DATA (through sbsettings) I still have the Xfinity getting an IP but the browser won't load (no data message).

Do I need to do something special so the Xfinity hotspot gives me connectivity to log in? Never had a problem with my MyTouch 3G but the iPhone 4 just won't get me to the xfinity login page.

Edit: Just to clarify. I am unable to even get the Xfinity login page on my iPhone 4 browser using their hot-spots. Theuser/pswd entry isn't the problem, the problem is I don't get that page to login.

RafaelT

macrumors 65816
Jun 9, 2010
NM
Does it seem like it is attempting to load it at all? I wonder if it is something on that page that won't load correctly for Safari or another issue all together.

I dislike Comcast with a passion, everything they do (from what I have seen) is done poorly.

RetiredInFl

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 7, 2008
FORMERLY NJ now FL
Does it seem like it is attempting to load it at all? I wonder if it is something on that page that won't load correctly for Safari or another issue all together.

I dislike Comcast with a passion, everything they do (from what I have seen) is done poorly.

It makes no attempt to even load the page. If I knew what the URL was I would try it manually. Worked fine on my Android phone.

Lmftmf

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2010
Montana
Wifi

All u have to do is disable auto login in ur wifi settings it works on ipod touch and iphone

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.