Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Aug 17, 2010, 12:54 PM   #1
Chardo
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Can I bypass "Terms and Conditions" wifi page?

Hoping for some help with annoying (but not life threatening) problem.

I use my iPhone (iPhone 4, IOS 4) at work. There's a wifi network I would like to use. Whenever I connect, I am taken to a "terms and conditions" page which I have to approve by clicking a (tiny) "I Agree" button every time.

I am set up to "auto-join" and "auto log-in" to this server, but still get taken to the "I Agree" page.

Can I do something to skip this?

Also, unrelated, is there a one-click way to turn wifi on and off without going into the settings menu? Again, not a huge deal, but not efficient either.

Thanks.
Chardo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2010, 12:59 PM   #2
Applejuiced
macrumors Nehalem
 
Applejuiced's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: At the iPhone hacks section.
I dont think so.
The wifi point makes you click accept each time in order to give you acess.
I know it is a pain though.
It was giving me the same thing at a hospitals wifi network.
Applejuiced is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2010, 01:07 PM   #3
evilbastard
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardo View Post
Hoping for some help with annoying (but not life threatening) problem.

I use my iPhone (iPhone 4, IOS 4) at work. There's a wifi network I would like to use. Whenever I connect, I am taken to a "terms and conditions" page which I have to approve by clicking a (tiny) "I Agree" button every time.

I am set up to "auto-join" and "auto log-in" to this server, but still get taken to the "I Agree" page.

Can I do something to skip this?

Also, unrelated, is there a one-click way to turn wifi on and off without going into the settings menu? Again, not a huge deal, but not efficient either.

Thanks.
Well there is an application called SBSSettings, but only works on a jailbroken phone. You can easily access the WiFi from that app with just a swipe across the top status bar.
evilbastard is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2010, 02:07 PM   #4
Applejuiced
macrumors Nehalem
 
Applejuiced's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: At the iPhone hacks section.
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilbastard View Post
Well there is an application called SBSSettings, but only works on a jailbroken phone. You can easily access the WiFi from that app with just a swipe across the top status bar.
I dont think thats what he asked for.
Sbsettings lets you enable/disable your wifi thru a quick toggle thats all.
Applejuiced is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2010, 02:54 PM   #5
evilbastard
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Applejuiced View Post
I dont think thats what he asked for.
Sbsettings lets you enable/disable your wifi thru a quick toggle thats all.
He did ask for a way to turn off wifi without drilling through the settings app.
evilbastard is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Apple TV and MacBook wifi hotspot petervanderwall Apple TV and Home Theater 2 Nov 20, 2011 03:29 PM
Data instead of Wifi? Ponchobot Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks 8 Apr 15, 2011 08:48 PM
App To Bypass School's Wifi Login Screen? chocolate632 Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks 10 Apr 6, 2011 01:00 PM
Has anyone actually read the entire "Terms & Conditions" of iTunes? atlanticza Buying Tips and Advice 7 Feb 5, 2010 11:37 AM
Can Jailbroken bypass the 9 or 11 pages apps? lllll Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks 19 Oct 28, 2009 11:41 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:57 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC