Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Maziar

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 22, 2010
Sorry if it's posted before or not, I read an article on gsmarena's blog and wanted to share it with you
http://blog.gsmarena.com/iphone-4-now-plays-1080p-videos-easily-does-some-xviddivx-magic-too/
"The best part about Filer is that it supports the iTunes file sharing service. This means you can simply drag’n’drop any file from any computer (with installed iTunes) straight to the iPhone4, no syncing needed.
Besides being a document and photo viewer, a nice file manager, etc., Filer also offers playing videos right within its user interface. While I poked around its video playback prowess a set of various mp4/mov files, I was surprised to see that it played fine some videos that iTunes didn’t want to accept and sync with my device. They played perfectly fine with Filer without any lag, glitches or dropped frames. And some of those, were FullHD.
It seems iPhone 4 is capable of playing full HD videos without any tuning, you just need the right app. I’ve also tested this on an iPad, and guess what – it worked like a charm as well."
I tested a 1080p movie trailer on my iPad and it played perfectly.

djinni999

macrumors newbie
Aug 25, 2010
i couldn't believe my eyes when i first attempted it. i threw a 1080p mp4 file without any conversion straight to the phone and played via fileapp pro. the things is, the file was a 45Mbit rate one. that is an insane bitrate. it played absolutely flawlessly. neither my laptop nor desktop can play 1080p, let alone 45Mbit; my mom's newer dual core even stumbles with 45Mbit, if there is quick action in it.
too bad the iphone 4 can only output 720i, to a TV.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.