Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ipadder

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 7, 2010
I know many of you people already purchased the Replicase but I just got an email from eBay that they're having a sale so anyone who hasn't got them yet should go ahead right now. It's a dollar off, not too much but the cases were 9 bucks to begin with so it's pretty darn good. I grabbed a red one right now :D I expect ot have it on Monday since i live pretty close

JNGold

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2009
I know many of you people already purchased the Replicase but I just got an email from eBay that they're having a sale so anyone who hasn't got them yet should go ahead right now. It's a dollar off, not too much but the cases were 9 bucks to begin with so it's pretty darn good. I grabbed a red one right now :D I expect ot have it on Monday since i live pretty close

Do my eyes deceive me or does the case look like it offers some kind of "lay on table design"?

ipadder

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 7, 2010
Do my eyes deceive me or does the case look like it offers some kind of "lay on table design"?

Does that mean the screen doesn't touch the table when you lay it down? :p Yeah it doesn't touch the table haha.

DeePeezy

macrumors member
Jul 29, 2010
These are great low profile cases but I'm not buying anymore until someone fixes the flash hole. They all have flash problem to include the black one. I've even tried a black sharpie and even flat black paint.

labrat1996

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2010
Lenexa, Kansas
I think I'll get another one (or two). I keep using my white one even though I have purchased more expensive cases. Thanks for the information!

Zepaw

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2010
MN
I'm trying to get one of them that ends in 5 hours for cheaper through bidding. If some fool takes it over $8 I will grab a buy it now. ;)

LindenW

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2010
Just got the black Replicase a few days ago. I love it so far! Gonna pick up one or two more. Thanks for the heads up about the sale.

Zepaw

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2010
MN
Just won a blue one for $4.25 and a green one for $6. $10.25 for two, not bad. :cool:

actionvaughn

macrumors member
Aug 31, 2008
For those that have already received theirs, do you mind posting a few pictures? I really wanna know what the top, bottom and sides look like.

Thanks! :D

glen e

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
For those that have already received theirs, do you mind posting a few pictures? I really wanna know what the top, bottom and sides look like.

Thanks! :D

here's a pink one I got for my daughter - they are really high quality and better than some of the 30 dollar crap I got from the big companies:
250fd1a5.jpg

ab4e1159.jpg

ipadder

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 7, 2010
I'm trying to get one of them that ends in 5 hours for cheaper through bidding. If some fool takes it over $8 I will grab a buy it now. ;)

I've seen that happen a lot, but i never understand why! :p their loss i guess :rolleyes:

congrats on the two cases for the price of 1.25 :D

Silenthillnight

macrumors member
Aug 12, 2009
I just got my green one in the mail today. It became my favorite case as of now. I have a blue, red and white one coming in the mail too. :)

oghowie

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2008
here's a pink one I got for my daughter - they are really high quality and better than some of the 30 dollar crap I got from the big companies

I'd have to disagree. I got the white one and it looks really cheap in person. $9 was wY too much.

RS232

macrumors regular
Mar 10, 2009
London, United Kingdom
I was quite disappointed with my red one I received a few days ago. The finish has annoying blemishes and I just took it off after a few minutes and went straight in the bin. I'm going naked - my Sena case is due to arrive in tomorrow! :D

ipadder

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 7, 2010
I was quite disappointed with my red one I received a few days ago. The finish has annoying blemishes and I just took it off after a few minutes and went straight in the bin. I'm going naked - my Sena case is due to arrive in tomorrow! :D

hmm i guess it's one of those 'you either hate it or you love it' cases :p

jm12345

macrumors newbie
Feb 21, 2007
I just picked one up last night...red. I have heard good things and bad, but I was willing to try it out.

"Front raised edges recess your screen to protect it when placed face down"

Looks like you can put it face down.

here's a pink one I got for my daughter - they are really high quality and better than some of the 30 dollar crap I got from the big companies:
250fd1a5.jpg

ab4e1159.jpg

Has your daughter said anything about flash issues? Worst comes to worst I will take a file to it.

ipadder

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 7, 2010
Has your daughter said anything about flash issues? Worst comes to worst I will take a file to it.

Flash issues are there with this case, no doubt about it.

I took something similar to a dremel with a spherical cutter:

313K14TENZL._SL250_.jpg

it happened to be the same size as the camera hole so I stuck it in there and pushed towards the flash hole, till I was happy :D

if i was careful, i'm sure it could have came out a little better. the laquer layer gets raised a little bit when doing that.
Ubf2g.jpg

Zepaw

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2010
MN
If you want one of these auction it! I have now won 3 of them for less than the sale price of 2. Got a light pink one for $2.25 tonight! :p

Some people are silly, just checked and some other cases ending this hour are going for over $9 on auction style.

DeePeezy

macrumors member
Jul 29, 2010
I have a feeling in a year or so all ip4 cases will have bigger flashholes to include these replicases. It will probably be an industry norm.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.