Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Old Aug 21, 2010, 08:08 PM   #1
proshot
macrumors newbie

Itunes says: “There is a problem with your Iphone”

Hi everyone. My case may seem a bit too long, sorry about that.

So I got this Iphone 3gs 32gb in Shanghai, China. As some of you may know, Iphones which are sold in China officially have Wifi disabled, so the grey market is full of Iphones which are taken apart, modified (Wifi added, 16gb upgraded to 32gb), jailbreaked and unlocked. That’s the kind I got. It had Cydia out-of-the-box, 3.1.3 firmware. So I used it for a while without problems, never cared to save shsh (didn’t even know about it that time), until one unhappy day I upgraded to stock 4.0.1.

Since then all I get connecting to Itunes is this message: “"There is a problem with your Iphone. We're sorry, the iphone you connected maybe be damaged and cannot be activated for service”

I tried several AT&T sim card and universal activation card (got that from dealextreme) with no result.

Custom 4.0.1 ipsw made with pwnage tool bundle didn’t work because the phone is not jailbreaked now (correct me if I’m wrong)

Here are the specs:
Model: MB715LL/A
Name: iPhone
Baseband: 05.13.04 - 6.4_M3S2
Serial: 83936….
BTW when I tried to check SN on apple website, I got this: “We're sorry, but this is a serial number for a product that has been replaced”

So the question is…any ideas to get it back to life?? If not, is there any kind of software coming which could solve the case? Like, hactivated 4.0.1 which won’t need a jailbreak or something?
proshot is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2010, 08:16 PM   #2
MunnyGuy
macrumors member

I had a 32 gb 3GS bought July 2009 it froze July 22, 2010 technically out of warranty. Tried to restore it multiple times and eventually I got the same message from iTunes. Brought it to the Genius bar, they checked the moisture sensors and they were good. They replaced it even though it was out of warranty.

Sounds like it might be one like my old one.
Old Aug 22, 2010, 08:30 AM   #3
MrThompsonR
macrumors 6502

Which version of iTunes are you using...? Some versions only work with certain versions of iPhone software? An option would be to "downgrade" your itunes.
Older versions are posted here> http://www.oldapps.com/itunes.php
MrThompsonR is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2010, 08:35 AM   #4
proshot
macrumors newbie

I'm using last Itunes, older version wont' work with 4.0.1 firmware.
And no way to go to Genius bar, as i live in Russia
proshot is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2010, 08:43 AM   #5
nozebleed
macrumors 6502

nevermind wont work

Last edited by nozebleed; Aug 22, 2010 at 08:45 AM. Reason: didnt read before posting
nozebleed is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks