Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MoodyM

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 14, 2008
In the last few days every time I try to run the updates available in the App Store for my apps, I get prompted for a password for iTunes Store account "iGuides.ru" instead of the password for my own iTunes Store account.

I DID give my iPhone 4 to my mate recently to jailbreak it, but the updates I'm seeing are for FREE apps that I downloaded and installed from the official App Store BEFORE he jailbroke it.

If I go into Settings > Store, it says I'm signed in as me????

MoodyM

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 14, 2008
Have a look at this screenshot:

photo.PNG

Now imagine that where it's red, it says "iGuides.ru"

The thing is, I have never, to my knowledge, visited your site!

All of the apps on my iPhone have been downloaded from the App Store while logged in as me, with my own email address, but now EVERY time I get an update or new app, it asks me for the iGuides.ru password!

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
tsk tsk

I don't think so, this just means that you pirated the app from someone that had an account called "iGuides.ru". Run the Metadaremover from the hackulous repo, so you don't confuse your illegally downloaded apps from your own. You can't cheat the system to get apps officially for free if you have an older pirated app... tsk tsk

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.