Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cabrini715

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 30, 2004
Pennsylvania
I just purchased an ibook off of ebay for $810. It's 6 months used but in perfect condition... G4, 800mhz, 30gb, 512mb, 12.1'' screen, and an airport extreme card already installed. It says "IT'S LOADED WITH LOTS OF WEB DESIGN / PRO DESIGN PHOTO/VIDEO/MUSIC EDITING/ANTIVIRUS/AND PRODUCTIVITY PROGRAMS LIKE FINAL CUT PRO 4/OFFICE 04/ILIFE AND MORE." I primarily bought it because my major is video and i need finalcut pro for editing. I thought that since the program itself was about a grand, that i might as well buy this used laptop with it. I was wondering if this was a good deal, and if there is any advice for additions to the laptop?

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
Cabrini715 said:
I just purchased an ibook off of ebay for $810. It's 6 months used but in perfect condition... G4, 800mhz, 30gb, 512mb, 12.1'' screen, and an airport extreme card already installed. It says "IT'S LOADED WITH LOTS OF WEB DESIGN / PRO DESIGN PHOTO/VIDEO/MUSIC EDITING/ANTIVIRUS/AND PRODUCTIVITY PROGRAMS LIKE FINAL CUT PRO 4/OFFICE 04/ILIFE AND MORE." I primarily bought it because my major is video and i need finalcut pro for editing. I thought that since the program itself was about a grand, that i might as well buy this used laptop with it. I was wondering if this was a good deal, and if there is any advice for additions to the laptop?
Cabrini715, you got a great deal. Assuming the laptop arrives in the condition it is advertised in, the only things I'd suggest adding are an external hard drive, since you're likely to run out of space pretty quickly on that 30GB drive, and the incredibly useful utility Carbon Copy Cloner (it's postcardware).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.