Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming

Old Aug 22, 2010, 08:36 PM   #1
Stratoukos
macrumors member

UILocalizedIndexedCollation isn't localized

I am trying to display a list of names in an indexed table view. Since I can't know the users' localization settings, I tried to use UILocalizedIndexedCollation.

The problem is that no matter what the language/regional settings are set to, the array returned by UILocalizedIndexedCollation always contains the english letters A-Z plus the # symbol. I tried French, German and Greek but I always got back the same array.

I am using the Window-based app template with the following code added in the application:didFinishLaunchingWithOptions: method.
Code:
NSArray *arr = [[UILocalizedIndexedCollation currentCollation] sectionIndexTitles];
NSLog(@"%@", arr);
I am running this on the iPhone Simulator with base SDK 4.0.

Is this a problem with the simulator, Apple's APIs or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.
Stratoukos is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming