Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Aug 22, 2010, 10:58 PM   #1
jumbb
macrumors regular

iPhoto: Import photos to an existing facebook album

Well, as the title says, can I do this?

AND...

Every single photos has the name of the image on the facebook photo description, for example: IMG00982.

Is there any way for this NOT to happen?
jumbb is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2010, 08:52 AM   #2
fcortese
macrumors 68000

If you select a photo or photos from your events folder, there is a facebook icon on the bottom right hand portion of the page. My guess is that you click on this and it gets you into facebook. I am not a user of facebook, so I am making a guess here. I use the mobile me icon in this area to get into my mobile me account to upload pictures, so I am assuming this is how it works for facebook.
fcortese is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2010, 10:58 AM   #3
FourCandles
macrumors 6502a

My understanding is that you can only publish to a new album, not an existing one.

Regarding Q2, if you do a batch change of the photo file names (Photo>Batch Change...) then that should be reflected when uploaded.
FourCandles is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2010, 11:52 AM   #4
Pomeroy
macrumors 6502

To add photos to an exsiting facebook album just select the photos and drag to iPhoto's side bar and drop on the Facebook album you want to update. Next Right click the Facebook album in the side bar and select "Check Now". This will up date the Facebook album with the new photos. This will only work if the original Facebook album was uploaded from iPhoto and is showing in the side bar of iPhoto.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 11:58 AM   #5
FourCandles
macrumors 6502a

Yep, my above post should have been clearer. Albums created with iPhoto > OK to update. Albums already on Facebook not created with iPhoto > can't update.

Same concept applies to Flickr sets/iPhoto.
FourCandles is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store