Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gtr053

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 2, 2010
Tuscaloosa, AL
Is there any way to have Terminal automatically run a command each time it is opened? I want to always have my background as my screensaver with the command
Code:
/System/Library/Frameworks/ScreenSaver.framework/Resources/ScreenSaverEngine.app/Contents/MacOS/ScreenSaverEngine -background &
and I have made an alias for the command so that I can just type in ss, but I have to type it in every time I open up terminal. I'd like to have Terminal start at login in the hidden state and run my screensaver background command automatically. Any ideas? :confused:

LPZ

macrumors 65816
Jul 11, 2006
Is there any way to have Terminal automatically run a command each time it is opened? I want to always have my background as my screensaver with the command
Code:
/System/Library/Frameworks/ScreenSaver.framework/Resources/ScreenSaverEngine.app/Contents/MacOS/ScreenSaverEngine -background &
and I have made an alias for the command so that I can just type in ss, but I have to type it in every time I open up terminal. I'd like to have Terminal start at login in the hidden state and run my screensaver background command automatically. Any ideas? :confused:

Terminal-->Preferences-->Settings-->Shell. Check the Run Command box and enter

Code:
in the adjacent box.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.