Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

applemike

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 6, 2008
Upon returning home this afternoon. I powered up my laptop to continue some music downloads i have going (all legal don't worry). and noticed my ipod turn on as normal (since it is plugged in)

Since it is jailbroken I watched it go through what seemed to be a normal verbose boot (no apple logo, script running down the page). then when it finished booting, it showed a yellow screen.

nothing was responsive, so I unplugged it and manually shut it down (top button and home for 10 seconds) the yellow screen went.

Ive never seen or heard of a yellow screen issue before. so anyone have any idea what it could be. I've had it happen one more time today but seems to have gone now.

Any ideas???

Jailbroken on iOS4, with multitasking and background wallpaper enabled.

tadad1

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2008
It happened to me once when I ran the battery dry and the touch shut down. When I plugged it into my computer to charge it booted to a greenish yellow screen then after a few minutes it went to the normal low red battery charging screen. At the time I just put it down to a depleted battery that did not have enough charge to power the screen fully. Have not had it happen since.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.