(¬_¬) Did a search no result for ipod 30 gig color cases on these forums

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Mood, Jul 29, 2005.

1. Mood macrumors regular

Mood

Hey, so i got a 30 gig color ipod for 120 dollars when i bought my ibook (coming next week, feel the wrath, powerbook), and i've been looking for a case that looks alright, has protection fort the whole body, i could use it in a gym, is around 0-40 dollars, won't break, good protection, covers the screen, covers the wheel, and if possible but not necessary --- a clip.

i've checked out virtually most of them, and the agent18 is bad, the iskin i'm not too fond of because it gets dirty and no protection for the screen/wheel.

the only one that was realy nice was the vaja ivod dj but that's like 70 dollars

[​IMG]

man forget that.

the radtech podsleevez are really good but i would need some solution for attaching it somewhere while walking or in the gym.

You know what i mean?

[​IMG]

2. Mood thread starter macrumors regular

Mood

none of you beez don't got an ipod or it be all dinged up? shame on you. shame shame shame on you.

3. VanMac macrumors 6502a

VanMac

Hey.

I have the same iPod as you (30GB iPod Photo).

I tried a few cases, and ended up with the neoprene one from inCase. It is awesome. Has good protecton, and a built in clip (one that is not cheap plastic crap).

I pretty much had same requirements as you. Very good case, clips to pocket, or belt, or anything, but still slim enought to just put in pocket if you have to.

http://www.goincase.com/prod_ipod/prod_iPod_neoprene.php

4. Mood thread starter macrumors regular

Mood

hmmm there's no option to buy it and i tried a froogle search there's no option for it either (only for minis)

30 gig color ipod seems to be the ugly duck in this generation as it's been awefully neglected by many manufacturers.

5. VanMac macrumors 6502a

VanMac

I bought it at the Apple Store - Yorkdale Mall

6. rkristich macrumors member

First of all, the 30 gb color iPod has the exact same dimensions as the 20 gb color one, so when all the manufacturs come out with new 20 gb color cases (which I'm sure they will), those cases will fit your 30 gb iPod.

As for a case for you, I highly recommend the Contour Showcase. I actually just recommended it to somebody else, so I'll just copy and paste what I told them. Really the only thing it doesn't have that you're looking for is wheel protection. However, this can be easily solved by this

A nice case to look into would be the Contour Design Showcase. It makes your iPod look really nice; I've actually gotten quite a few compliments on it (I also have a 30 gb color iPod by the way). It does add some bulk to your iPod, but it provides really great protection, and you can still enjoy the beauty of your iPod. My biggest worry when I bought it was the bulkiness, but it doesn't really matter at all to me anymore. It goes in and out of the case very easily, you just flip the latch up and take your iPod out or put it back in, so it's great if you want to dock your iPod. Silicone cases are a pain to get on and off, and other cases can scratch your iPod if you keep slipping it in and out. At $30, it is a bit expensive, but worth it in my opinion. Oh, and if you do decide to get one, I'd recommend the black version over the white. The black just looks nicer, and the white one gets stained easily.
    Links: here and here

Enjoy your new iPod and iBook!

7. Ironwood macrumors newbie

Ironwood

Been eyeing this case...

I just got the 30 gig iPod as well and have been looking for a good case. I bought a cheap silicone one from Fry's Electronics until I decide. I looked at the Vaja... very nice, but spendy. I'm not sure the case should makeup $80+ or over 20% of the cost of the iPod itself!

I came across the iPodKitz case at http://www.itzkitz.com/ipod/products.php. It seems to be a good knock off of the Vaja for $39.99 (and free shipping). The ipodlounge had some good discussion on it in the forums.

Let us know what you end up with.

8. gammamonk macrumors 6502a

gammamonk

The 30 gig color is the best iPod ever! My friend has one, and it is so much smaller and lighter than my 3G 40gig.

Personally, I don't worry so much about my ipod getting tiny cosmetic scratchs or whatever. That's only because it's already quite old tho. When it was new, it was my baby! For the last year or so, I haven't used a case at all, it's just in my pocket or bag. And, it hasn't had the slightest damage.

I don't plan to ever sell mine on ebay or anything. After I get an iPod video, I'll just use it for snail mail data transfer or something.