» MBP Massive Battery Death

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by whipstitch, Jan 25, 2007.

1. whipstitch macrumors newbie

whipstitch

I have a new MBP (replacement). Sometimes I have been closing my computer, setting it in sleep mode, only to find when I arrive at school that the battery is totally dead.

Just 5 minutes ago I had 3+ hours on my battery. I closed it for a couple of minutes.

I now have 14 minutes left.

This occurred without any physical movement of the laptop, with the exception of closing the screen to activate sleep mode.

Anyone have any suggestions?

PS. When I first got this machine, I wasted down the battery, then fully charged it before use.

2. diadem macrumors regular

If you have done all the usual stuff reseting pram ect. Give apple a call

3. Diatribe macrumors 601

Diatribe

Same here. My battery has started doing that 3 weeks ago. Already have a replacement from Apple. Just give them a call.

4. e12a macrumors 68000

e12a

This might seem to be a stupid question but, how did you go about "wasting" the battery down? According to Apple instructions?

I'd bring it back to apple though

5. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

yeah, I do believe that the MBP has battery issues. I am on number three. The good news is Apple has been very good about replacing them, well for me at least. I would give them a call.

6. Diatribe macrumors 601

Diatribe

The funny thing is in Europe you can request an exchange of the entire product (MBP) if an essential part of it breaks 3 times.
    One more time and I'll get a new MBP. :D