übergeek and ibookin in MacFormat magazine

Discussion in 'Community' started by bousozoku, Sep 18, 2003.

1. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

I was looking through the September 2003 issue of MacFormat magazine and on page 130, there was a bit about the Santa Monica Apple Store opening, complete with photos of two people we already know. :)

2. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

Re: übergeek and ibookin in MacFormat magazine

Well they're going to be pissed you just blew there cover now didn't you!?:p

3. tpjunkie macrumors 65816

tpjunkie

4. alia macrumors 6502a

alia

Someone should scan them and post the pic? ;)

Alia

5. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

i think ubergeek is super private about her appearance...being the only female poster who visits these forums regularly besides vniow

now she will get all these macrumors teenage boys chasing after her :p :p :p

6. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

For some reason I was thinking über got booted. Guess I'm mixing her up with someone else.

7. britboy macrumors 68030

britboy

I have a copy of the september issue. Which picture is it exactly?

Even better from that issue is the article about apple rumour websites (page 20). Macrumors is top of their list.

Not a bad billing :)

8. bousozoku thread starter Moderator emeritus

Did you notice that the screenshot was of a different website--MacRumours.com? :D

Anyway...as you people would like to see...

Attached Files:

9. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

In the picture that you posted which one is übergeek and ibookin? Is there a chance that you could enlarge the picture bousozoku? My eyesight isn't all that good, needed a magnifier to read the words.

Do they sell MacFormat at the Apple Stores?

10. Stelliform macrumors 68000

Stelliform

Hmm, they must be either the matching apple shirt couple towards the left, or the better dressed couple in the middle...

I would love to get a copy of that magazine. The article looks interesting too. Wasn't Hal the guy who was posting on-line? I think I have read some of his blog while he was waiting....

11. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

She's still with us, but hasn't been as active lately since she's been spending more time in live chats. She posted here yesterday, for example.
    Yes, he posted the night before and the day of the opening. And I posted a photo of Hal, who didn't mind the attention, in this thread. But I don't think we should post photos of or identify other members unless they say OK.

12. bousozoku thread starter Moderator emeritus

Actually, if someone were to search on Santa Monica, there might still be links to the original photos in the MacRumors forums posted by übergeek herself.

13. britboy macrumors 68030

britboy

Is it a coincidence that 'hal' has übergeek written on his laptop (?) ;)

Whilst I agree that someone should be entitled to privacy, before they start complaining about their photo being posted online, surely they should worry about it being in a magazine :rolleyes:

14. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

We are a picky crowd and yes we got the photo as we requested but now I want it bigger.

15. bousozoku thread starter Moderator emeritus

Okay, for all the old people here. :D (Totally appropriate today, as some of you know.)

Attached Files:

16. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

I'm not so sure this is a good idea...knowing how über is...

what do u guys think?

17. Mudbug Administrator emeritus

Mudbug

I gotta agree with you eye - this is probably pushing what she's willing to put up with. Lotsa folks want to stay pretty anonymous online, and this defeats that completely. If she had posted it, that's one thing, but she probably didn't even know about this being put up. I think removing it was the right thing to do.

My .02¢

18. Mudbug Administrator emeritus

Mudbug

After discussing this with übergeek, she wanted this thread put back in community...

So enjoy :)

19. janey macrumors 603

janey

you people are weirdos :D

seriously if you're that desperate for pics of me take a look on my .mac homepage. Get the address from me or josh or the regulars in the IRC channel.

Really, this is ridiculous, but that same pic is also on spymac, and it's also on my iDisk. WHO CARES!!!!

btw, i'm the really short asian girl in the middle. Josh is the taller guy with the gray/charcoal shirt to the right (your right, which is -->) :p

btw, i didnt know about this thread until i read all the IMs and the e-mails about this thread :p then i wondered why i couldnt see it, but after mudbug told me...eh i have no probs with it :)

20. bousozoku thread starter Moderator emeritus

Takes one to know one. :D

I wasn't telling who you were. They couldn't force me.

I was just surprised to see you in the magazine. :)

21. janey macrumors 603

janey

[​IMG]

is that a better pic for you people out there?

22. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Yes, but now I'm wondering what that guy in the front is trying to look at... :confused:

23. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

Cute:p BTW congrats on making the mag. yeah we're weirdo's especially me;) maybe its coouse females geeks are so hard to find. btw how are things going with ibookin'?

Ps youre not that skinny jane ;)

24. janey macrumors 603

janey

PS My BMI is 18.7. Borderline underweight, but not quite. And btw, how woud you be able to guess from that picture?! sheesh :p

our relationship is goign great! Its like been 8 days after our 8 month anniversary :) My parents still havent found out and my friends are doing a good job not telling their moms :)

agh i just noticed that the pic i posted is different from the other one. heehee...we took that *kodak moment* with like 10 different cameras :p

oh and ignore my glasses :p i got transitions lenses

25. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

It's weird in general to see pictures of people who post on here. Seeing who PatrickOBrian was for instance. I guess you get used to thinking of the avatars when that's all you've got to go on.

Pretty cool about gettin in the mag tho!