Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

adroit11

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 5, 2015
photo_2015-10-03_19-47-58.jpg

imei : 359312067569273

serial : f17q12axg5mn
photo_2015-10-05_08-04-26.jpg

Last edited:

Jeff R

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2014
Do refurbished products even have a box? Usually referbs come in plain white boxes.

I could be wrong.

Reactions: adroit11

CNeufeld

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2009
Edmonton, AB
But they are clearly visible in the pic.

I agree, and that's why I was able to tell that they were different than the ones posted in the body of the OP. But the posting of the box (twice) and stating the serial number and IMEI that are different than the box makes it that much more confusing.

C

adroit11

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 5, 2015
What is the question?

I have no idea but it's not very smart to post IMEI and serial numbers on a public forum.

Does it matter?

Refurbs are indistinguishable from new - unless you got this from Assurion.

Seems like it's new since according to selfsolve.apple.com, it's never been activated.

Do refurbished products even have a box? Usually referbs come in plain white boxes.

I could be wrong.

both the pictures are same.

And neither one has the serial number or IMEI from the body of the post...

C

But they are clearly visible in the pic.

hi my friends . how are you ? I want to buy one of them But I can not figure out which box is refurbished
sorry for uppload same images my friends

Septembersrain

Cancelled
Dec 14, 2013
Likely if they're coming in a new box like that, they're not refurbished? I've only ever seen refurbs in a box if it's an iPad, iPad, Apple tv or Mac. If it's a refurbished phone, don't they come in those just basic white boxes with no serial number on it?

If it's unsealed and being resold, it's used. If the seller doesn't associate it with being certified refurbished (Kind of hard to prove anyways), I would ask them to elaborate.

At any rate, showing your serial number isn't a great idea. Unless this belongs to someone else and you know it's not a good idea to post it....

ssl0408

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2013
New York
Refurbished iPhones have Model numbers that begin with the letter N. In this case, the Part number or Model number begins with an M so it's most likely new.

PNutts

macrumors 601
Jul 24, 2008
Pacific Northwest, US
There is a thread in the forum somewhere that decodes the first character of the serial number to indicate if it's a referb or not. I'll take a look for it unless someone else finds it faster. :)

adroit11

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 5, 2015
i think this iphone
is refurbished cuz the pack is diffrent and i think color of the text on the box like a fake print !

sry for my bad english friends

PNutts

macrumors 601
Jul 24, 2008
Pacific Northwest, US
Here's from the other thread:

• "F": refurbished unit (third party)
  • "M": retail unit
  • "N": replacement unit (Apple)
  • "P": personalized (engraved) unit

So yes, it looks like the one you think is a refurb is the refurb. The serial number begins with "F". <insert joke here>

adroit11

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 5, 2015
None, they're just two different boxes for two different markets. Refurbished iPhones come in a white plain box with no accessories

if certified apple refurbished , yes they come with white plain box no accessories
but i think if one scam store in china or canada repair this phone and print new box we cant figure out refurbished

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
Here's from the other thread:

• "F": refurbished unit (third party)
  • "M": retail unit
  • "N": replacement unit (Apple)
  • "P": personalized (engraved) unit
So yes, it looks like the one you think is a refurb is the refurb. The serial number begins with "F". <insert joke here>

The first character in the model number is the indicator, not the serial number.

Reactions: Cergman
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.