0-100-0 how fast...

Discussion in 'Community' started by iGav, Apr 28, 2004.

1. iGav macrumors G3

Mar 9, 2002
    The new Caterham R500 Evolution has broken the 0-100-0 world record for a standard production car at Autocar's 0-100-0 Challenge in a time of 10.73 seconds! Wowser! :eek:

Ferrari's Enzo (now that the engine has loosened up abit with some miles) managed it in 10.98 seconds (faster than the McLaren F1 LM), and actually nailed the Caterham to 100MPH but was shaded by the Caterham significantly lighter weight under breaking.

Interestingly both cars are quicker than a Suzuki GSX-R1000 bike that achieved 'only' 11.01 seconds over the same speed/timing at Autocar's 0-100-0 event last July. :eek:

Damn that Enzo is fast, I'd love to see what it could do round the 'Ring. :D could it take the Radical??? :eek:

As for the much vaunted Bugatti Veyron, well it's been delayed again until atleast the second half of 2005... :rolleyes: maybe next time they won't release specs and speeds until they can actually attain them in a production package like McLaren did. :rolleyes:
  2. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Nov 1, 2001
    That's nuts! :D

But other than a world record, what good does it do you?

And what was the distance covered?

3. iGav thread starter macrumors G3

Mar 9, 2002
    Well you'd be Top Trumps King in the Pub that's for sure! :D
  4. powerbook4me macrumors member

Apr 20, 2004
    Now compare it to a better bik like the Yamaha R1......
  5. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

Jan 2, 2001
    Metairie, LA
  6. iGav thread starter macrumors G3

Mar 9, 2002
    They didn't have a bike at this years event, (they feature 2 wildcards every year, last year was the Suzuki and a Chevy Dragster) which is a shame, because if any car can even remotely be on a similar piece of tarmac as a bike to the ton then it's doing a pretty dandy job! :)

What's the time for an '04 R1?? I've had a tommy gander, but everything I find is either for modded versions, or bull*****ers that have timed it with their Casio's on their wrists! heheh
  7. jazzmfk macrumors member

Jun 6, 2003
    Jersey. Route 78, exit 24. Gotta problem with th
    Wow - and to think, I was impressed with the Porsche Carrera GT at 11.6 seconds 0-100-0.

(here's another stat to think about, directly from Autoweek: the GT did this in 880 feet! I can't really wrap my brain around either of those numbers. I can't really wrap my brain around a 440 thousand dollar car, either.....)

Oh, well, now I'll have to cancel my order.

Yeah, right......
  8. MrMacMan macrumors 604

Jul 4, 2001
    1 Block away from NYC.
    Oh yeah.

Burning something going that fast and stressing your breaks that much.

A car revving to 100 MPH then quickly decelerating... this is how you break your car. :rolleyes:
  9. whooleytoo macrumors 603

Aug 2, 2002
    Cork, Ireland.
    Since this is (I assume) an American website, how about a mention for the fastest people carrier to get your kids to school... The Renault Espace F1, 0-60mph in 2.8 seconds, top speed 194mph. :D
  10. jayscheuerle macrumors 68020

That's perfect for stop and start driving in the city!