'06 - '07 NHL Season

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by OutThere, Sep 27, 2006.

1. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

So we have another season about to start...

There's a lot of speculation online about who will go where...for now I'm just pulling for the Rangers (ESPN says 3rd...). :D

Psyched to see that Jags will be back on the ice soon!

So...lace up and get on the ice...it's hockey time!

http://sports-att.espn.go.com/nhl/index

2. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    This should be a great year. I've been lsitening to the pre-season games on the radio and went to the Avs Vs. Redwings game monday night. That was a KILLER ****ing game to go to man. Fights, hits, goals, a 3rd period 27 seconds left tie-maker, OT, and then a shootout for my boys to win it. Everything you'd expect from these two rivals. Avs are 3 and 1 in the preseason so far. We've got a lot of young, fast, hard-hitting guys this year, so it should be better than last season...

I can't wait til this season starts. I'd like to see the Sabers kick some ass this year as well as my Avalanche.

3. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

Go Avs!

Here's to hoping Jose and Marek stay healthy, that Leopold was worth it, and that the Avs stay on their current good form.

4. thedude110 macrumors 68020

thedude110

5. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

"Let's go, Hurricanes! Let's go, Hurricanes!"

:)

6. dsharits macrumors 68000

dsharits

I'm looking forward to seeing Marc Denis in net for the Lightning. From the way things are looking, he could turn out to be better than even Khabibulin was a few years ago. If we can get some offensive guys to fill the void left by Freddy Modin, we should have a very good year. Lecavalier's looking good as well. Go Bolts! :cool:

7. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Don't have much to look forward to, but Go Leafs! :p

Anyone else playing the MacRumours fantasy hockey?

8. dsharits macrumors 68000

dsharits

I am!

9. rickvanr macrumors 68040

rickvanr

Hopefully this year the boys have learned the new rules and the gameplay will be quick and crisp, but with far less penalties. Perhaps I'm being overly optimistic hoping for this, but hey it'd be great.

I'm looking forward to where the Canucks end up this year with Luongo in net, even though they lost a couple great forwards.

10. DubbaJ macrumors newbie

I'm sure the season will end as another cup-less year for my beloved Maple Leafs, but at least on opening night, there's still hope!

My men's league started play this past Sunday, and as soon as I hit the ice, I was like 100 times more excited for the real thing (of much much higher quality) to begin!

11. thedude110 macrumors 68020

thedude110

Season starts tonight in Carolina -- anyone care?

12. rickvanr macrumors 68040

rickvanr

I care, but not for Carolina. Snore! Sorry Clayj

Ottawa vs. Toronto will be a game to watch, now that should be entertaining.

13. gonyr macrumors 6502

I'm in the league. I should have spent a bit more time on my predraft rankings - I only did the top twenty or so.

Watching Sabres-Canes right now. Sabres can't seem to stay out of the box, but I expect they'll be right in it when the playoffs roll around.

Season doesn't really start until tomorrow (Rangers-Caps). I have to remember to call and order the Center Ice package, my annual birthday present to myself.

14. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

My brother is at the 'Canes/Sabres game right now... wish I could've been there. (And yes, I do care... I got to have my photo taken with Lord Stanley last weekend.)

Let's go, 'Canes!

15. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Ooh yeah...step one in the redemption of the Sabres is complete. Way to get off on the right foot!

16. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

HELLZ YEA!!!

17. jdechko macrumors 68040

Yay, hockey's back! :D

Go Red Wings... at least make it through the first round of the playoffs this year. :p

It'll be tough this year to see which players will step up for the Wings this year, after Yzerman left the ice. There's always a lot of talent on this team, but it's just a matter of someone stepping up to be the leader on the ice.

18. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Finally getting a chance to watch the undefeated and untied Sabres on TV for the first time this season. The Sabres scored six goals on the Flyers in the second period alone. It's complete domination...wow. :D

19. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Is anybody actually watching hockey, seriously, I don't see anyone talking about it anywhere on TV. I didn't even know the season started.:rolleyes:

20. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Hmm...the 19,000 people in HSBC Arena look to be having a pretty good time. It's still early, and competing against the MLB playoffs and the heart of the NFL and college football seasons means that hockey gets a lot less attention.

Edit: It's 9-1 Sabres now...maybe the Flyers should think about getting Esche out of there.

21. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Well, the Avs need to get their asses in gear. Though those refs in last night's game were obviously calling nothing on the Chiefs, and every little thing they possibly could on the Avs. what a waste.

The Flyers absolutely SUCKED tonight. I think they played for a total of 3.2 minutes. Other than that, they totally got out-scored, outplayed, out-skated... Embaressing for them, I'm sure. But I'm happy that the Sabers are doing well as I thought they should have got the cup last year....

22. amholl macrumors 6502

The Flyers did suck. Thats the one team in the entire conference worse than my Bruins. This year they are gonna b bad. But watch out in like 2 years, when Boyes, Kessel, Beregeron and the young goalies and d-men come up. The prov b's are stacked in the back. They just have no depth up front or on the blueline in the big leagues.

23. Macanadian macrumors member

I watched the Dallas vs Ducks a couple of nights ago. Dallas looks pretty good. Even with the Duck,s Pronger and Niedermeyer on the blueline. Ducks were plucked against Dallas.

24. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

I refuse to let this thread die, especially when the Sabres have just tied the '93-'94 Leafs for the best start in NHL history at 10-0. I know it's a different era now with the shootout, but it's still an impressive run, with the vast majority of their wins coming against top-shelf teams.

Go Sabres!

25. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

You know, if things keep going the way they are, we may see Sabers and Wild going for the cup this year. I cannot believe the wild are doing as well as they are.

The Kings suck this year. The coyotes... well, don't they always suck? I see the Panthers aren't doing too well, again. Doesn't surprise me with their latest acquisition though.

Once again there's a goalie controversy here in Denver. When will it stop? When?! DEAR GOD WHEN?!?!?!