Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skubish

macrumors 68030
Feb 2, 2005
Ann Arbor, Michigan
clayj said:
Argh... it's "gigawatts", not "jiggawatts". (Which, I swear to you, sounds like some sort of racist word.)

I am pretty sure in the movie it was "jiggawatts" a made up term to refer to a very large number of watts.

watcher2001

macrumors 6502a
I was driving in a backwater little town back in 1990 and saw one in a guys front yard with a for sale sign on it. I stopped just to look and noticed that all they wanted was $3000. Even in 90 before they became collectors items this price was a steal. I had to drop about another $600 in tires and engine work but that was it. I drove that car for almost 5 years and did not have one single issue with it. I would probably still have it today but a friend of a friend gave me $13,000 reasons to get rid of it. :)

(He wrecked it beyond repair less than a year later) :(

kiwi-in-uk

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2004
AU
watcher2001 said:
(He wrecked it beyond repair less than a year later) :(

I was in Kuwait in 1983. A De Lorean was imported. Lasted a couple of weeks before the driver lost it at speed on a long off-camber bend that had a covering of fine sand and dust. He hit a concrete bus shelter. The car broke into a very large number of very small pieces. The driver stayed with the car. Every bit of it.

AlBDamned

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 14, 2005
Jon'sLightBulbs said:
"Aaarggh!" It's Marty, not Mardee!

I know that – but it sounds like Mardee like it sounds like Jigga watts!

Keep walking past the car in question about four times a day at the moment. I've either gotta get a new route or just find the money to make an offer (think getting a new route would be the easier and wiser choice).

Whyren - that BttF version is quality.

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
clayj said:
Argh... it's "gigawatts", not "jiggawatts". (Which, I swear to you, sounds like some sort of racist word.)
Back in the 80's, I don't think anyone really knew the correct pronunciation of "giga" since giga anything back in 1985 was too 'futuristic' to even contemplate.

skyton

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2005
england
great find!
i saw onw of the originals in a car museum once
VERY cool
although it was stood next to KITT
which looked even better

AlBDamned

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 14, 2005
skyton said:
great find!
i saw onw of the originals in a car museum once
VERY cool
although it was stood next to KITT
which looked even better

Was the museum called Beaulieu? They have all sorts down there. I think that's where I saw a Delorean once and a host of other famous cars such as KITT and the General Lee.

LimeiBook86

macrumors G3
May 4, 2002
Go Vegan
One of my crazy dreams one day is if I get a lot of money is to buy one of those cars and make it look exactly like the one that you see in 'Back to the Future Part II' That would be so awesome!! :D

AlBDamned

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 14, 2005
LimeiBook86 said:
One of my crazy dreams one day is if I get a lot of money is to buy one of those cars and make it look exactly like the one that you see in 'Back to the Future Part II' That would be so awesome!! :D

What, make it fly? Not sure you'll have much luck there padre. I've tried sourcing a 'Mr Fusion' too which was also a BttF II modification but no joy so far. :(

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
mkrishnan said:
Jigga, what? :eek: ;) :D

Yes...gigawatts are a real unit of measurement, jigowatts in that movie. :)

And Jigga, what? If you're Jay-Z. :D
dam now i feel like listening to some jay z :eek: :rolleyes:

LimeiBook86

macrumors G3
May 4, 2002
Go Vegan
AlBDamned said:
What, make it fly? Not sure you'll have much luck there padre. I've tried sourcing a 'Mr Fusion' too which was also a BttF II modification but no joy so far. :(
Darn...oh well *scraps blueprints* :(

Fender

macrumors regular
May 9, 2004
Toronto, CANADA
I work at a luxury/exotic car dealership and we once took a trade in of a DeLorean. We had it for a year or two before someone bought it. I would still drive that thing, especially if it had all that crap from the movie on it. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.