1.25 ghz iMac for 1199? A good Deal?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by smharmon, Apr 23, 2004.

1. smharmon macrumors member

Jan 26, 2004
    I just bought an iMac 1.25ghz 80gig HD 17in SD for 1199... It seemed too good to be true, came with warranty. not from ebay! I was able to get apple care, and I just want some reasurance I made a good choice... what you guys think?
  2. tekno_geek911 macrumors 6502

Feb 19, 2004
    Phoenix, AZ
    Thats a really good deal! Can you tell me where to order one for that price?
  3. Pete_Hoover macrumors regular

Apr 29, 2003
    How isn't this a good choice, is my question.
  4. Krizoitz macrumors 6502a

Apr 26, 2003
    Wakayama, Japan
    Dang, where did you find that great of a deal?
  5. rdowns macrumors Penryn

Jul 11, 2003
    Dude, you made an absolutely horrible choice. Get rid of it quickly. Since I have the money, I'll take it off your hands for $1199. :D
  6. smharmon thread starter macrumors member

Jan 26, 2004
    go to macconnection.com, then desktops, then clearance... you will find them
  7. smharmon thread starter macrumors member

Jan 26, 2004
    umm, I don't know how to say this, but there aren't anymore on their site... when I called they said they only had a "couple" and I was planning on ordering like 2-3 extra to sell on ebay... and keep one for myself. Keep checking back in their clearance section under "desktops" this is also where I bought a 1ghz SD emac for 849, with free $100 printer. I sold the printer on ebay for $50, got the $100 rebate, and sold the emac for $999. So, it was a good thing to do. They even shipped it overnite for free! Anyway, they didn't do that on the imac, but I will let you guys know how it turns out. Oh, and I sold my powerbook I have in my signature on the sunday night before the updates and got 1475 for it. I paid 1415. Horray! I felt bad for the guy since you can buy the refurbs on apple for 1299 now, but let the buyer beware! He should have read macforums!! He is very happy though!
  8. smharmon thread starter macrumors member

Jan 26, 2004
    Got it today! Everything was still sealed in the box!!! I can't believe it, all the components were still sealed, including the iMac inside the sealed box! What a deal, and it came with iLife 04 and Panther, when it said it would come with Jaguar! I am sooooo happy!!
  9. Rod Rod macrumors 68020

Rod Rod

Sep 21, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV

with all your wheeling and dealing it's as if you're leasing your computers for free. my last transactions were similar, with buying and selling my old 12" 867MHz PowerBook. after eBay and PayPal fees I came out ahead about 9 bucks. the upgrade to my brand new 12" 1.33GHz PB cost me around $200, which I think isn't bad for a 53% speed increase.

on top of that I doubled my RAM for free, because a friend has a 15" 1.25GHz PB and he upgraded from the 2x256 stock RAM to 2x512, and he gave me the 256MB sticks that he had no use for. I installed one in mine, and the other one went into another friend's 12" 1GHz PB (because PC2700 RAM works in PC2100 systems but of course it operates at PC2100 speed).
  10. smharmon thread starter macrumors member

Jan 26, 2004
    This is the second great deal I have found on macconnection (and no, I am not associated with them). I also bout the 1ghz eMac brand new for 849 with a free printer back about 5 months ago when they all sold for 1099. I sold it on ebay for over a thousand to get a powerbook, then have sold it to. I can't believe how nice that 17in screen on the imac is. I am going to but like a 500mhz ibook for $5-600 so i can have a portable with the $500 I saved on a new iMac.