1.5 iBook?

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by smy168, Dec 1, 2006.

1. macrumors newbie

Is there such thing as a iBook G4 that's 1.5 w/ 80g HD? or am I being swindled?

2. Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

If by "1.5" you mean a 1.5 GHz processor, the answer is no. The 12" iBooks topped out at 1.33 GHz, while the 14" went to 1.42 GHz before the MacBook replaced the iBook.

3. macrumors 601

mjstew33

"1.5" as a 1.5GHz PPC G4? That would probably be clasified as a PowerBook 12", there was no thing as a 1.5GHz iBook - the iBooks went up to only 1.33GHz (12") and 1.42GHz (14").

EDIT:

'Cowboy beat me to it. :eek:

4. macrumors 68030

FFTT

Yup 1.5 GHz would be a late model G4 12" Powerbook.

Is it white or aluminum?

5. macrumors 68020

wmmk

to answer your question bluntly, yes, you are being swindled

6. thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks guys

I'm going to actually see this book front and center tomorrow. Is there a way for me to see what the actual proc. speed is? I'm a newbie to the MAC world, does the bio come up on the start screen?

7. Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Click on the apple icon in the upper left corner of the screen and select "About This Mac...you'll see the processor and RAM listed there, but you can also then click on "More Info..." to see additional details on the system.

8. thread starter macrumors newbie

ok....

so here's a second question, how can I tell if the system is stolen? i want to bring the system to the apple store (if I buy it) and have them do a full test on it.....i'm in NYC and there have been a rampage of stolen MACs selling up here and i didn't want to get caught up in anything stupid.

9. macrumors 6502a

KD7IWP

If it was stolen, and the former owner called up Apple, then Apple has it in their database. When my Powerbook was stolen I called Applecare and got a refund for the remainder of my time left on the Applecare plan and then if someone ever takes that pbook in for service, they know it's stolen. I don't know if you can do much else. Maybe google its serial number and see if anyone has ever posted that number on a forum because they had their computer stolen?