-1.6GHZ Powermac G5 + 20" Cinema Display-

Discussion in 'Marketplace Archive 1 (Posts count)' started by kjdenison, Feb 16, 2005.

1. macrumors 6502

What would be a fair price?

I have a G5 Powermac 1.6GHZ with 768Ram. The DVD-RW drive has been acting up lately, and I have been thinking about going portable with a laptop and thought it may be a good time to sell. I bought it as soon as it came out on pre-order, and have baby'd it from day 1.

I also have a 20" Cinema Display that has a small dead pixel spot, that never gets in my way, but is a factor. The computer is full of thousands of dollars of pro software, that I could include.

Also I have Harmon Kardon SoundSticks that I would like to include for the entire package.

Everything truly has been taken extremely good care of and I will include pictures as well, but I am looking to get some contact on what would be a good deal and who is interested. (I live in downtown chicago) Hope to hear from you soon.

Kurt Denison
    post@kurtdenison.com

2. macrumors regular

cyanide

well kurt, all aspects included, i think you could see around 1400-1800 for this system. most people nowadays can pick a brand new 1.8 and 20 incher for around 2400. I lowballed this because of the age of your system and the minor problems you mentioned (dead pix, funny optical drive) you might see the higer end of the estimate just because of the included ram, possible pro software, and the speakers. good luck with your sell and i hope you get a new powerbook!

3. thread starter macrumors 6502

I could part for about $1600. If anyone is interested shoot me an email.

4. macrumors 6502a

debroglie

Is this the older style cinema display? Would you consider selling the items seperately?

5. macrumors 6502

i sent you an email, but I'll post here as well... is $1600 for the powermac and cinema display? And do you have pics? Thanks!

6. macrumors 65816

wnameth

This computer and monitor, would be amazing together :eek:

i just wish there was a job that paid 1600$/hour, because then i could work for an hour and quit. :D

7. macrumors 65816

sjpetry

Why quit? Work a day and get the computer of your dreams. :p

Or have the job of your dreams. :D

8. thread starter macrumors 6502

I posted some images. I kept them at full resolution so you could get as close as possible. there are ultimatley no scratches or dings what so ever. I could polish these both up and you could swear they were new. http://www.kurtdenison.com/macforsale.htm I would really like to sell it all together because I need to have a computer for working and i would be without for too long selling each piece seperatly im afraid.

(server currently down, awaiting to load images)