#1 at the end of the first quarter!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by stubeeef, Apr 5, 2006.

1. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

Just reviewed and compared my sales to everyone else in the US working in my division (approx 70 reps). I am the #1 rep in terms of dollar growth! It ain't been easy 'cause I'm following a superstar that was promoted to my regional manager, but so far I am beating his numbers for last year by 27%, and have the most dollar increase (not percentage that I am aware of, which isn't as good as the hard dollar increase guy).

So I am a bit happy tonight!

2. iRachel macrumors 6502a

Hey, that's great! Congrats Stubeef!

If my memory serves me correctly, this is a relatively new position for you, as well?

3. stubeeef thread starter macrumors 68030

stubeeef

Yep! I started training in Aug, and in the field in Oct. Every month has been better than the previous year, and more than the previous month.

I love my job, and find myself working crazy long hours, but it is paying off!

Thanks for remembering.:)

4. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

Way to go, Stubeeef! I remember when you made the career switch and were a little apprehensive. Can we be fairly certain you didn't use your 'tar on your resumé or calling card? :)

5. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

Doing so well...congrats! And with a face like that!!!

:rolleyes: :D

6. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Way to go!

Have you started planning what you're gonna spend the bonus cheque on?

7. baby duck monge macrumors 68000

baby duck monge

Must be doing sales by phone instead of face-to-face :p :D

8. iGary Guest

iGary

Good job selling those cadaver butt plugs, Stu!!!

:eek: :D

9. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Wait, so is that a plug made for, or out of cadavers?...

*Brain stops*

Congrats on the awesome job mate. :cool:

10. iGary Guest

iGary

It's for dead folks so they don't...uh, leak. :eek: (I have a friend who is a mortician - amazing what you find out.)

Just giving Stu a hard time. I'm really happy he's doing well since he owes me a couple of rounds of drinks. :D

11. stubeeef thread starter macrumors 68030

stubeeef

Well I worked 43 hours Tue, Wed, and Thurs. So just checked and appreciate your remarks.
    The sad part is that my manager probably doesn't even notice, or know.

Anyway, just trying to take full advantage of my new opportunity, and there are no second chances to a first impression. I have been the object of a few company emails using me as an example, and am being profiled this month in a company newsletter, mostly surrounding my transition from pilot to sales rep I think.

Anyway, taking the day off to do a laundry list of backed up todo's.

And I don't sell butt plugs!!:p Colon decompression sets, and other unmentionables that people are darn glad are available when they need one, but no butt plugs!! Most of my focus is on endoscopicretrogradecholangiopancreatography (ERCP) products, and upper GI accessories that most of us here pray we never need!

12. baby duck monge macrumors 68000

baby duck monge

If you were in law school, I think they would refer to you as "a gunner." The ironic thing about being a gunner is that you are the one with the target on your back, not the other way around. I'm sure all your fellow employees - especially the ones that have been there a while - really love you :rolleyes:

Seriously, though, that's a strange market you're in, there, and it's good to see a fellow MRer moping the floor with the plebes :p

13. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

There's gotta be a colon in there, somewhere. Does your office muzak pipe in background music like, "Getting to know you"? :)

14. stubeeef thread starter macrumors 68030

stubeeef

First off, I am not in this business to make my fellow employees happy, just my customers and therefore myself!

ERCP is when you place an endoscope under the sphinter of oddi (where the bile and pancreatic ducts dump in to the duodenum. We place a wire up either duct under xray, and run different items up and down that wire to either remove stones, get tissue samples, or place temporary plastic or permanet metal stents.

I love my job, and the numbers are showing it, the guy I am following was the #1 guy last year, my marching orders when I took the job, were to not lose what he built, few to none thought I could actually grow what he built, much less in such a short time. It won't last forever, but for today I am happy!

15. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

MacBook Pro's on stubeef for everybody

- thats pretty sweet man, I'm glad everything is working out.