1. budaapple macrumors regular

Where is the best place to buy good quality but inexpensive 1g ram. 2700 DDR for a 12" PB.
    Thanks

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

3. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Never understood some people. To be more helpful, I had a great experience with OWC for my PB 12' rev. B. At the time I bought, their price was the best for the Samsung memory. That memory is said to be the one that Apple uses. Another name tossed around here is Crucial, though there is some experience that they play browser games on pricing.

4. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

So you don't think it'd be a good idea? I'm not having a dig at budaapple, or anyone else who wants to ask. But this question is asked ALL THE TIME (a minimum of once a day), and a sticky would be beneficial.

5. BakedBeans macrumors 68040

BakedBeans

6. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Sorry, if I miss understood the tone of your post. Would have been different if you had added something more direct to answer the question asked, until a sticky is offered.

Also many don't "see" the rest of the forums here. And a problem with a sticky is that a thread can get pretty long. As an example with the RAM question, someone might only get through a screen or two, and miss info on Crucial's browser driven pricing discussion.

And then you get into a situation of how many stickies would there be in each forum group. For it could end up with more stickies showing in the forum overview first page. Not sure what a good answer is.

I agree that there are many questions repeated here. Many I have chosen to ignore. RAM on the other hand is something that I will chime in on, only because of the "Crucial is the god of RAM" mantra.

7. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

[offtopic]Not yet :([/offtopic]

8. Bob_Barker macrumors regular

Outpost.com has a generic 1GB PC2700 SODIMM for $159.99 that has worked well for me. I agree a sticky would be helpful. Or people could do a search.

9. davan macrumors newbie

10. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

The price difference from Crucial is not "browser driver" but rather "cookie driven". If you visited certain competitor websites (I don't know which ones exactly) then the price at Crucial is higher. Its really more like a loyal customer discount than trickery.

11. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Let's not push it...:eek: :rolleyes:

12. budaapple thread starter macrumors regular

Thank You DAVAN

Thank You for the direct answer, which is what I was looking for in the first place.

13. fuzzynavo macrumors regular

i got mine from owc for $229 w/ lifetime warranty...working perfectly fine. ive also heard mostly good things about that $159 stick from outpost.

14. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

1 gig ram

The fabled Outpost 1 Gb generic SODIMM is a one-year warranty product (!), is now priced at $179.99 and is presently unavailable (as checked on Oct 13).

I still say it's better to deal with a firm that knows Macs.

15. dav macrumors 6502

I purchased the outpost RAM, works beautifully.