#1 iPad2 case

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by MsBeauty, Nov 10, 2011.

1. macrumors member

Anyone can tell me what is the #1 iPad 2 accessory in your mind and why?

2. macrumors regular

MrRon

Smart Cover + ZUM SC ULTIMATE!!

Reason: Slim, perfect front and back protection. I want apple original accessories + the best back protection!!

3. macrumors member

I have had the Ipad for the last month and been searching for the perfect case too. I used the Ifrogz Summit and found it too heavy and the quality below par. I then went for thinness and bought a Belkin Sheild back and leather smart cover . I loved the look of it but it still seemed to delicate and worried that my Ipad could still easily be damaged.
    After reading reviews over and over and analyzing the pros and cons. I order the Switcheasy Canvas.
    I am so happy with this case. It has the same form as the Ifrogz but the quality is way better and does feel much lighter. I love this case and glad I took the risk of ordering it .

4. macrumors regular

This :)

5. macrumors 601

Accessory or case? Your subject and message don't jive.

6. macrumors 6502

Switcheasy Canvas

7. Guest

falconeight

STM skinny

8. macrumors member

I have been using my ZUM sc ultimate and smart cover for more than 2 months. I think this is the best combo... :cool: and it also train my 4 year old who to take care of fragile items. Kills 2 birds in one stone...

9. macrumors regular

KidZgOtMac

A coffee mug, since you said accessory.

10. macrumors regular

My vote would be switcheasy, my STM is not holding up well and it looks like Switcheasy will hold up better.

11. macrumors regular

depends on your taste :D slim? grip? hardcore protection? stylish? unique?

12. aricher, Nov 16, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2011

macrumors 68020

aricher

First case: Smart Cover + ZUM SC ultimate - for everyday use, best, most lightweight original form factor case solution I have found.

Second case: Switcheasy Canvas - I got this case before moving on to the ZUM. Now I use it when I hand the iPad off to my 3 year old, easier for him to prop it up and use it on a table than the smart cover+ZUM.

Third case: Portenzo 23 1/2 (custom order w/black leather) - a touch of class for when I'm in client meetings.

My favorite other accessories:
    Stylus: currently using Wacom Bamboo, no complaints
    Brush: Nomad Brush
    Car mount: CoulView headrest mount for long road trips.

13. macrumors regular

Best iPad gadgets for everyday use:

Wedgepad (cheap and useful)

iProp iPad stand (unbelievable utility, durable, at 100 pretty expensive tho)

Skadoosh (beautiful aluminum stand with various positions, expensive at 80)

FieldFolio (nicest bookstyle case out there, again pretty expensive at 70)

I use the Skadoosh and iProp on a daily basis and put the iPad in the FieldFolio and throw that in my backpack

14. macrumors 6502

My vote is for the Moshi iGlaze (Pearl White) with the Light Grey Smart Cover!

- Form fitting, lightweight, high quality, the pearl finish looks great!!

15. macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I am looking for the best Folio Cases for the iPad 2. My only criteria are that it has the sleep/wake feature, decent protection, preferably leather, and fairly thin. A bonus would be multiple viewing angles. I would prefer it to have a clean, simple, but stylish look. I would prefer not spending more than $50 but a few dollars more will not be a deal breaker.
    Any options would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks In Advance

16. macrumors regular

alanrocks

Too Many Too List

I have so many favorites

theres just too much choice around

Favorite cover at the moment has to be the wooden smart cover, looks so stylish .

and accesory is definatley the piano apprentice. its quite pricey but a really cool idea , im sure this will all change next week though.

im looking for some sort of stand to put in my car , if any one has any ideas?

17. macrumors member

Is the Switcheasy Canvas slimmer than the Portenzo?

18. macrumors 68030

The fieldfolio - mainly because the ipad will fit a year from now when all the other ones are falling out of the frame...

19. macrumors 65816

Arnezie

These look kinda cool, http://padholdr.com/

20. macrumors 603

Menel

Smart Cover + LEATHERskin.

Can't beat the thinness and the feel.

21. macrumors newbie

Umm'd and ahh'd over choosing a case for my iPad 2 after Christmas (even more so after trawling through all the 'best case' threads on this board!). I am a strong believer in buying once and buying well, and after all the deliberation, went with the following:

Moshi iVisor matte screen protector (easiest screen protector I've ever fitted!)
    Marware Microshell rear case
    Apple Smart Cover (poly blue)

And the best bit:
    Hazard 4 Launch Pad (I love my tactical MOLLE gear, and this is such a cool iPad sleeve/cover in that vein)

Extremely happy with this setup and would recommend to anyone :)

22. macrumors 68040

jjk454ss

I agree, I have the Smart Cover and a Poly LeatherSkin to match and I love it. I don't normally use a bag, but I have a STM Scout if I want to carry it in a bag. I did just order a TimBuk2 Catapult Sling bag to try out instead of the STM Scout, but it will have to e really nice to replace the Scout.

23. macrumors 603

Menel

That's nice, I like that. I use the Built neoprene ipad messenger when I take it out of the house.

Oh dang, like some of STM's stuff, wish store had this when I was looking.
    http://www.stmbags.com/catalog/ipad-bags/jacket-ipad/

24. macrumors regular

kschles

Glen:

Thanks for the information. I had to send a Treegloo case back, because the wood frame arrived warped (Treegloo could never seem to get their act together to get me a replacement). I also got a Portenzo; but, predictably, the rubber grips started failing after awhile. The Fieldfolio looks like it's addressed these issues.

25. macrumors 6502a

Gonna have to get me one of those zum sc ultimates. Looks like a great it of kit to compliment the smart cover.mive got a blue cover and white iPad, need to decide on blue or white for the zum